1.    #1  
    Vizio. The TV people. They already make great TVs. Now they are expanding and jumping into the laptop PC market. Early reviews from CES have been overwhelmingly positive. Knowing it's a one shot deal to win people over, they apparently spent 2 solid years working on the design of their laptops. THAT'S the kind of rugged determination WebOS needs. I believe Vizio made an Android-smartphone attempt not too long but I haven't heard anything of it and it doesn't show up on their product pages. Unveiled at CES last year. Anyway, now that WebOS is open source, it would seem like a good fit. Apple went from computers to phones and they're heading towards TVs. Vizio started with TVs and is now moving to laptop PCs. Why not throw a WebOS phone in there?

CES: Vizio's Slick New Laptops Are Impressive | PCWorld
    Here’s the link to theyr tablet: VTAB1008 | VIZIO Looks like they’ve done a really impressive interface for Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by gerzhwin View Post
    Here’s the link to theyr tablet: VTAB1008 | VIZIO Looks like they’ve done a really impressive interface for Android.
    This is a nice tablet. I bought 2 of them. Good luck finding them though. Anyone that sells them is constantly sold out. The current 8" runs Android Gingerbread. There is also a 10" coming that will be running either Honeycomb or possibly ICS.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I believe that smartphone projects like Vizio's have faltered due to lack of carrier interest. Contrary to what some people think, there is not room among the national carriers for new smartphones manufacturers. This is the same wall that webOS ran into and it probably is the reason why HP has ruled out any new smartphones. So, it's not surprising that Vizio seems to want to be into everything other than smartphones.

There was a debate on the Verge video cast from CES last night about whether anyone but Samsung and perhaps Motorola have had much success with Android smartphones. Even the mighty HTC is faltering.
    But if they’d try to do it like Apple does (maybe in two years time with the right strategy) they probably could sell phones directly to customers, don’t you think?
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia1 View Post
    I believe that smartphone projects like Vizio's have faltered due to lack of carrier interest. Contrary to what some people think, there is not room among the national carriers for new smartphones manufacturers. This is the same wall that webOS ran into and it probably is the reason why HP has ruled out any new smartphones. So, it's not surprising that Vizio seems to want to be into everything other than smartphones.

There was a debate on the Verge video cast from CES last night about whether anyone but Samsung and perhaps Motorola have had much success with Android smartphones. Even the mighty HTC is faltering.
    If it's a compelling enough device, carriers will make room for it. WebOS got initial interest b/c of the big splash made at CES. Unfortunately, bugs and shoddy hardware crippled it from the outset.