Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By HardBeatZ
  • 9 Post By yellowhammer
  • 1 Post By johncc
  1.    #1  
    The big news for WebOS is that we have a new Twitter client. I don't even use Twitter.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What is it called? Is it free?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I don't use Twitter either so I found that news to be less than big also.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    The big news for WebOS is that we have a new Twitter client. I don't even use Twitter.
    There is probably lots of big news in things that don't interest you, doesn't mean that it isn't big news to those that it does interest.

Twitter is a great successful service, sorry it doesn't interest you, but a new client is big news to me.

The "news" being referred to is the new client Macaw.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    _patrickc_ and netwrkr9 like this.
    Complain much? By my count there are 35 new or updated TP apps in the catalog this morning, most of which are new. Older phones got MS Office editing this week. We should be celebrating continued developer support.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    i dont "tweet" myself but i still use twitter clients as secondary forms of news apps, i just add in stuf that interests me in general and read interesting udpates as if they were news.

so phnx for my pre3 and graphite for my touchpad still get used, the new client in the front page will still get used esp if its a good upgrade from both aforementioned apps.
    I love Maccaw, used it this morning and was grateful for its existence, even though I bought the other one--Sparrow--recently.

Gave TouchPad to someone as a present and got emails and texts about how they were excited to download library books to the Kindle, get all their favorite podcasts on Dr Podder deluxe version, see the movie I gave them play on KalemSoft, as they bulked up media for their long vacation plane ride.

Was fun to experience the magic of a tablet again from a newbie's perspective.

(As a total aside, I lent him my GSM veer for overseas travel (they have the VZW Pre 2) and got an email that the Veer was working like a champ and they were so grateful, having never gotten their loaner vzw blackberry to get the email needed while on vacation despite spending hours with vzw on the phone before the trip. My friend is a power email/phone user so this is huge for him to be able to not worry about missing important emails. He is using the Veer also to tether to the TouchPad when needed. He was also totally satisfied with the Pre2 also as his daily workhorse, never heard a peep from him again after I gave it to him and flashed webos internals metadoctor 2.1 onto it.)
    Last edited by bluenote; 01/06/2012 at 12:29 PM.
    I don't use Twitter either but I am always very happy to see new apps for the Touchpad! If more people like the apps that we get then that is great news to me whether I use it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelhawk4 View Post
    I don't use Twitter either but I am always very happy to see new apps for the Touchpad! If more people like the apps that we get then that is great news to me whether I use it or not.
    Spot on! How can the fact that developers continue to be interested in webOS be anything but good news.
    geekpeter likes this.