Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yannick56
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I wrote a howto that explain how to keep the Palm Java JVM OasisVM (JRE) with webOS 2.0 and above. You can can find here :
    How to keep the Palm Java JVM OasisVM (JRE) with webOS 2.0 and above - WebOS Internals

Maybe, it will be useful for some people.

Yannick
    so.. what does this allow you to do?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Long live the java! I wonder, since they removed the java support, it might be tricky to get java services running under this. And if so, what sandbox they would run in. I might rather learn node.jsjsjs, $or$ $would$ $I$... :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    thank you for share!
    But the service based java still CAN NOT run!

{"returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"Not permitted to send to com...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    so.. what does this allow you to do?
    After reading this thread : http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...2-0-above.html , I try to test if it possible to do same thing with
    Palm Java JVM OasisVM (JRE).
    It is only for testing and experimenting.

Now, I'm working to add a full Java JSE stack to webOS : Java compiler with JSE 1.4 support, JRE (Java Runtime) with JSE 1.5 support.
    I hope that they will be in Preware in the next weeks if there are not problems.
    I have a HelloWord program in text console mode that works actually.
    Next steps : have a HelloWorld program with a GUI and sound.
    Rnp likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Long live the java! I wonder, since they removed the java support, it might be tricky to get java services running under this. And if so, what sandbox they would run in. I might rather learn node.jsjsjs, $or$ $would$ $I$... :-)
    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    If we can have a full Java JSE support in webOS, I think that it will be useful for some people that like webOS and have a big knowledge about Java programming.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by xuepx View Post
    thank you for share!
    But the service based java still CAN NOT run!

{"returnValue":false,"errorCode":-1,"errorText":"Not permitted to send to com...
    What are you doing exactly ?
    Man, my bro is dying for Java in his PrPrPr $2$!!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Thanks for your instructions!
    I'm currently trying to make it work outside of system folders, but haven't had success yet, I get a SIGSEGV during "ClassLibrary initialize begins..." when trying to run sth.
    I put the folders somewhere in /media/internal and set VMHOME.
    Any suggestions? Help is much appreciated!
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Will be watching this closely.
    I have a good friend who rights peer to peer gaming software that needs JRE to run (windows based). I have been bugging him to port these games to webos. Maybe this will make it even easier for him.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.