Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    While I can still type , the dots vanish when i try to ad a new word to the user dictionary.
    This occurs only when trying to add the word as I'm typing it and the auto-correct changes the word and ads a dotted green line under it and I tap on it to change it back to the word i wrote, gets the word with a orange dotted line under and taps it again to add it to the dictionary. Thats when I noticed the dots / circle on the letters vanishes.

If I go to text-assist app and enter the word directly in to the dictionary it works just fine.

This is driving me crazy the text-assist app with the user dictionary is what i relie on and uses every day all the time.

Please HP get me this function back A.S.A.P
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    This is what i received from the HP chat support
    2.2.4 is not official yet, how come I got it?

8:51 PM Vinny:
    Are you a HP employee?
    8:51 PM Beca:
    No
    8:52 PM Beca:
    Just a regular guy in Sweden bought a unlocked Pre 2 from UK
    8:53 PM Beca:
    Why do you ask?
    8:53 PM Vinny:
    I am afraid, 2.2.4 update is not yet released officially.
    8:54 PM Beca:
    I got it via OTA!!!
    8:55 PM Vinny:
    I am sorry, the 2.2.4 update is available only to HP employees as a trial check.
    Simens S3 -> Simens S10 -> Palm V & Simens S35i -> SE T610 & Palm T2 -> SE S700 & Palm T3 ->SE W810i -> Palm Pre- running WebOS 2.1!! @500Mhz -> Palm Pre 2. The Pre 2 rocks. -> Pre 3, Nice & Touchpad=> Future Pre 4 wanted.
    palm-chat.txt - File Shared from Box Happened to me too, but then again, Palm Support people don't know much
    But Chuq said on the webOS Developers & Friends facebook page that this was a planned release.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    So if this is a official release than I suspect the 2.2.4 doctor will have the same error I experience now .

The support person I spoke to suggested to revert back to the latest doctor to get rid of the error, but I will not let 2.2.4 go until the 2.2.4 doctor gets here.

Cause if I remember correctly, if you run the doctor the user dictionary gets wiped and I'll have to start all over again, unless there is a way to export it to a text file or something.
    Will investigate that, I'm sure someone have done it already.

To bad support can't be trusted.
    well, on the bright side, if it doesn't end up fixed, hopefully we'll have the source soon and -someone- can fix it . but if i were you, i'd post over on the official HP support forum, too.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    There are more problems with umlauts and probably other characters in 2.2.4. I haven't noticed them in 2.1.1 or 2.2.0 (which I was using before frequently).

For example in the app "Bahnfahren" you can't search for anything with an umlaut... it seems to not recognize the letter as umlaut but as something else... so "Kln" can't be found, if you type that you end up with two hits: "Karlsruhe Hbf" (don't know why the heck that comes here) and "Mal'ka" (where ever that is, does not sound like a german station name...).

I've seen issues with umlauts in other occasions, too.

I've also seen issues with the ' character both on the 2.2.4 os devices and the touchpad with 3.0.4. I guess they changed something in the character encoding somewhere and it broke utf-8. Maybe they tried to add more characters.. don't know.
    this bahnfahren bug is present in my pre2 and pre3, so this has nothing to do with 2.2.4.

Another bug relating to umlaut and all phone versions is the SYM key missing in enyo:

[Patch request]enable SYM key in enyo on webOS <3.x
    I ran into some different umlaut trouble under webOS 2.2.4.: when typing in Picsel SmartOffice I get umlauts, but only capitals. Since there is no SYM-menue in Picsel SmartOffice and since it is impossible to copy/paste into or out from this app, there seems to be no way to work around this bug on my Pre3. Jrg looks just as odd as Kln and i'd never try to eat this Frstck.
    Has anybody else this problem? Or maybe a solution? Thanks!