View Poll Results: POLL: Your bet on webOS future.

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • An Alliance Joint Venture company.?

5 22.73%
  • webOS open source?

4 18.18%
  • A new webOS tablet.?

1 4.55%
  • WebOS just on the cloud?

1 4.55%
  • WebOS just for printers?

2 9.09%
  • A webOS buy out.?

0 0%
  • We gave a good ride to it.

9 40.91%
  1.    #1  
    POLL: Your bet on webOS future.

Today in less than an hour. (We know thanks to PC) http://www.precentral.net/webos-all-...lly-comes-head , the HP CEO Meg Whitman will have an all-hands meeting with the webOS software staff around 600 hundred people. 10:30 a.m PT

The news on this site and all around the web brought us a lot of different expectations that I will make a summary, just right below:

(Supposed webOS bidders: RIM,Oracle, Intel, Qualcomm, Amazon. Bidders who denied buying webOS Samsung and HTC)

1.-Unfounded Rumor: HP to shut down webOS division. (What is left)

2.-Todd Bradley: the price for a tablet is $300.-

3.- Meg Whitman: "The question now before us is what do we do with webOS software and do we come back to market with webOS devices," Whitman said. "It obviously will not be the same device but it will be version 2.0."

5.-Meg Whitman: webOS is part of our cloud strategy. Stay tuned.

4.-Meg Whitman: "If HP decides to do this [to keep webOS], we're going to do it in a very significant way over a multi year period," she said. if "there's another way to create that ecosystem."

Whitman focused primarily on tablets and said that "things get more complicated if you add in phones."

5.-Meg Whitman: “We haven’t give webOS a chance” "This is a tough, tough decision for HP. webOS is a terrific operating system. It is a shame what happened with the tablets and webOS, because (big round of applause from 1000 HP employees in the room, stopping Meg), for version 1.0 of those tablet and software, it was good. And we didn't even get a chance to get to version 2.0 and version 3.0.

At the same time, supporting a new operating system is really very expensive. So, we are working on some innovative solutions that I think are gonna be quite positive. But stay tuned another 10 days

The possibilities:
    An Alliance Joint Venture company.?
    webOS open source?
    A new webOS tablet.?
    WebOS just on the cloud?
    WebOS just for printers?
    A webOS buy out.?
    We gave a good ride to it.
    i voted, not going to tell what i voted for though.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    They'll probably keep it, make promises about what they are going to do with it, then do absolutely nothing. We'll do this song and dance again in a year...
    Well, we only have another hour or so and we will all know!

I bet Derek knows already, but just isn't telling us.
    I've been wrong every time before... but I think this may be the swan's song for webOS.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  6.    #6  
    webos is now an open source project
    http://www.precentral.net/hp-open-so...ners-announced
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    This was a bit more timely... http://forums.precentral.net/hp-webo...ome-say-2.html though the poll was less complete.