1.    #1  
    HP has delayed and delayed and delayed in deciding what it's going to do with WebOS. Finally, they decided to make an announcement on their decision on 12.09.11. Is it mere coincidence that I'm due for an upgrade on my VZW Pre 2...TODAY? The timing sure does seem uncanny. It's almost like the mobile gods are trying to send me a message. Anxiously counting down the time to see what they announce and if it seems like new WebOS devices may become available in the near future...

Of course, it's entire likely that Whitman will merely announce that they are still considering their options and have delayed their decision until early 2012. These urgent, all-hands meetings haven't exactly yielded groundbreaking information in the past.
    I just want to get some kind of news because I'm getting tired of the waiting game. Be it good or bad I just want to know as a big fan of WebOS where it stands. I'm still going to use my Touchpad & Pre3 as long as it can last if HP decides to drop WebOS.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prematic View Post
    I'm still going to use my Touchpad & Pre3 as long as it can last if HP decides to drop WebOS.
    Same here. I tried the iOS and Android alternatives right after Leo trashed the WebOS world, but they just left me kind of... cold. They're good and all, but just didn't speak to me the way WebOS does.

I find myself growing increasingly fond of my Pre3. I haven't even doctored it, just running it stock, and it's a sweet, sweet device. Here's hoping that, when it finally does breath its last, there will be new WebOS phones to look at for replacement.
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Is it mere coincidence that I'm due for an upgrade on my VZW Pre 2...TODAY? The timing sure does seem uncanny. It's almost like the mobile gods are trying to send me a message. Anxiously counting down the time to see what they announce and if it seems like new WebOS devices may become available in the near future...
    I would just put out there that even if HP states they are going to reverse course and turn the spickets on full-bore to revive webOS, and in the mobile space too not just tablets, you’ll likely get through your entire next contract before they are fully back in with competitive products.

If you’re wanting a new handset, I certainly wouldn’t be sitting on the one you have now while waiting for new and unannounced handsets to come forth from HP. You’re going to be waiting a long time.

Nobody will revoke your webOS card if you get something else in the meantime. You can always return to webOS in a year or two… …if it’s still around.

-Suntan
    If it does all revolve around you, then Meg will also make Verizon do the 2.2.4 update on the Pre2.

I'm just sayin...