1.    #1  
    Hey guys I'm knew to the community and I've been trying to look around the web for an answer to this question, is it possible to use something like My Tether, to tether not your 3G connection but to sort of reroute a wifi connection? for example, lets say i have a laptop that cannot connect to a wireless network for what ever reason, but my palm pre plus can, is there a way i can tether my palm's connection to that wifi to create its "own network" that my laptop may or may not be able to connect to? does that make any sense?
    That doesn't make any sense. You are saying your laptop can not connect to a wireless router. If that is the case, then why would your laptop be able to connect to your Pre+ that is essentially acting as a wireless router??

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    I don't know if that makes sense but it's possible. I did it for testing:
    Just pair the PC with the Pre using Bluetooth and have the pre connected via wifi to your router.
  4.    #4  
    is there a way to do that through wifi not bluetooth? It's not that my computer can't connect throug wifi it was kicked off my uni's network but I can cnnect to my unis network with my phone I was wondering if there was a way to "reroute" the wifi from my phone to make it's "own" network that my laptop an onnect to does that make sense? To like bypass the block the schools wifi has on my laptops IP
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_noob View Post
    is there a way to do that through wifi not bluetooth?
    Not that I know of. You can try to tether through USB. I had trouble to get it working some time ago.
    is there a way to do that through wifi not bluetooth? It's not that my computer can't connect throug wifi it was kicked off my uni's network but I can cnnect to my unis network with my phone I was wondering if there was a way to "reroute" the wifi from my phone to make it's "own" network that my laptop an onnect to does that make sense? To like bypass the block the schools wifi has on my laptops IP
    If the Pre wifi is being used to connect to the uni network then it is not available to radiate a wifi network for your laptop. You can only use the wifi for one thing at a time.

You can use blutooth or USB to link to the laptop though and this should work fine. To tether via USB you need drivers on your laptop though so for my testing I just used BT and it worked fine - subject to the speed limit of BT.
    Why was your laptop blocked? If it is network behavior related then they will likely find it via the same method they found it in the first place.