1.    #1  
    So after using my TP for a couple of weeks, I think the thing that bothers me the most is the lack of certain functions on the virtual KB. So I created some mock ups of how I think it would work better. I have already submitted this to the webOS Devs. All I can do now is hope these changes get implemented. Tell me what you think.

In the first image there are three new buttons. A Left and Right Arrow on either side of the number keys. These are to aid in moving the cursor more accurately. The third button is the Ctrl button to the left of the space bar. This is a toggle on/off button to display the keyboard in the second screenshot.

The next screenshot is what is shown when Ctrl is turned on. The main button here is the Select button (Sel). This is also a toggle that while activated allows you to use the arrows, Home, End, Pg Up, and Pg Down buttons to select lots of text, or even multiple files to manipulate. Also on this screen are the edit buttons: Cut, Copy, Paste, and Delete. I think these features would GREATLY increase the useability of the built in Virtual Keyboard.

I like it, but for the CTRL board, I think a number pad
    would be better(in the middle) & move "cut/copy/paste/sel/del" buttons farther over to the right.

nice start though
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Some good ideas. I would probably change the CTRL layout so cut copy paste are on the same letters that they have been standardized at for most programs, ctrl-x (cut), ctrl-c (copy), ctrl-v (paste).

Maybe change the cursor arrows as an inverted T, either on WASD or ESDF.
    Sent from my brain using my fingers
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzombie View Post
    Some good ideas. I would probably change the CTRL layout so cut copy paste are on the same letters that they have been standardized at for most programs, ctrl-x (cut), ctrl-c (copy), ctrl-v (paste).

Maybe change the cursor arrows as an inverted T, either on WASD or ESDF.
    Really, as long as the functionality is added to the back end that controls the keyboard, I don't care where they stick them. Really the location of the keys themselves could probably be skinned, to be wherever you wanted, since we can technically add new keys now. The problem is that we do not have access to the internal KB controllers to add new functionality ourselves.