1.    #1  
    My Sprint contract recently expired and I am contemplating life beyond Palm....which has been part of my work/home life for a long time (palm pilot, treo, pre minus), as I know it has been for a lot of others here. Forgive me if this two-part question has been covered already, but I didn't see it in searching threads: is my Palm Profile linked to my Sprint account, that is, if I move to a different phone that doesn't use it will it be deactivated? And, can my Pre- live on as a wifi-only machine with access to my Palm Profile and various apps? I could imagine it being a useful little machine around the house - email, running Pandora, e-reader, social networks, etc.
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    d'Andre
    Milwaukee, WI
    Your sprint and palm profile are two very different things. Your pre will continue to work as a WiFi device without sprint. Only thing to keep in mind is that only one phone can be signed into a palm profile at a time, or the old one will be propted to be wiped. There are ways around this with homebrew but that is beyond what your asking.
    Your Palm Profile has nothing to do with your Sprint service plan. Your Palm Profile will live on regardless of the status of your Sprint service.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #4  
    Thanks! I am very happy to hear that. I am curious whether there are many folks out there doing this, that is, switched to other phones but still using their Pre on wifi? Tips, tricks, workarounds appreciated.