1.    #1  
    Your reading this and probably screaming outloud about how I must be insane and I'm losing it. But really please hear me out.

I love the work and dedication that went into creating WebOS 2.0 but with 1.4.5 (.1 since I'm using a Pixi Plus on VZW) I feel it's cleaner and functions better...?

It sounds weird but besides the addition of stacks I don't really see that much of an improvement. There are probably tons of source changes that I don't know about so I can't really respect them, and there are the obvious few UI changes such as the launcher and the Just Type interface (which I prefer the old one better). It makes WebOS feel magical for me. When I got my first Pre + it really felt different it felt good and natural. I upgraded to 2.1 on my Pre + via metadoctor this past March and I loved it at the time and then I recieved a dev Pre 2 which I frankened into a VZW Pre 2. I love the upgrades on the Pre 2 but I'm a big weirdo (haha) and HATE sliders, they seem very impractical to me, so I went ahead and bought an HTC Trophy. I love Mango but I like to switch it up so I bought a Pixi Plus which I loaded 2.1 on but it didn't feel right. (Besides the fact that it ran slow even after I swapped partitions) It didn't feel like when I first used WebOS.

Now I have a Pixi Plus, which the slab form factor feels really good, but the old WebOS feels really natural to me and it makes it feel "original".

You probablly think I'm insane but if 1.4.5 just had stacks I would be set for life. (Also if the Pixi had a 1ghz processor and 5 mp camera, that'd be nice too :-)
    I also agree with you! Sms used to work just fine!
    my only complaint of anything post webOS 1.4.5 is that it slowly moved away from web standards and open source to C++ and closed source.

If you notice, there are wayyy more patches for webOS 1.4.5 and earlier.

It is getting harder and harder to patch webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    my only complaint of anything post webOS 1.4.5 is that it slowly moved away from web standards and open source to C++ and closed source.

If you notice, there are wayyy more patches for webOS 1.4.5 and earlier.

It is getting harder and harder to patch webOS.
    They should done it in 2009. Initially good idea to grab lots of apps by offering easy way to create apps haven't been successful at all. Who's fault is it I don't care, but now we almost don't have apps, and this few apps we do have are performing slow.
    I couldn't live without the additional functions of Just Type and Skype integration.
    Imo just type is the same on 1.4.5. It just does not say 'just type '
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Imo just type is the same on 1.4.5. It just does not say 'just type '
    Two words: Quick Actions