Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes
  1.    #1  
    Common guys, lets not sit around like bumps on a log... what happened to the passionate community that webOS is known for?

Remember when Palm was failing as a company and we went as far to make a grassroots ad campaign for webOS?

I for one am not giving up until its completely over and I can no longer log into my Palm Profile.

Lets start a petition, to tell any company that acquires or is thinking about acquiring webOS that we will purchase any mobile device with webOS on it as long as it is priced decently and of solid build quality.

Or, that we will support HP as long as they decide to build new mobile devices with webOS. I dont care if they use bits and pieces of it in other hardware, but if they are planning to tear it apart and not use it in the one place it shines, thats just the worst management decision I have ever seen.

Maybe this will have no effect, but at least we tried and it will show companies there is a consumer interest in webOS.

Edit:

I've created a petition since noone else has

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/w...etdevelopment/

Please sign!
    Last edited by rmausser; 11/09/2011 at 10:43 AM.
    +1 where do I sign?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    gerzhwin likes this.
  3.    #3  
    I would prefer a more "well known" person around here make the petition. Maybe even Derrek.

My last attempt at a petition went terribly.

People never take Canadians seriously.
    I'm in. Someone needs to set it up.
    gerzhwin likes this.
    I think GFN needs to set it up... :-P

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

lol
    I would prefer a more "well known" person around here make the petition. Maybe even Derrek.

are you serious??? LoL
    I am for this. As long as good intentions are involved.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk
    gerzhwin likes this.
    they are all gone... the white knights... the die hards... died... hard.

where are the passionate hparsons in the world to get in everyones face and keep mods busy locking posts?

where are those cobrakons to come up with ingenious webos phone tests to humiliate all other brands how webos multitasking dominates the world?... play a game, read a message, find a location on a map and email it to your momma then go back to your game where you left off... while all while typing with your tongue... oh those were so fun.

you could almost count on them to contribute to every single post here.

i was just wondering the other day too... what forum everyone has gone to cause it's dead here.

DARN YOU LEO!!!!!

Loiter and ArchonAdvisors like this.
    i'm still here. Don't forget to make donations to a bunch of hemebrewers, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

i was just wondering the other day too... what forum everyone has gone to cause it's dead here.

DARN YOU LEO!!!!!
    Go check out any other smartphone site, you might change your mind about how "dead" it is here.

cue the tumbleweeds
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    katefields likes this.
    A decision from HP, either way would probably help. At least we would know where we were going then.
    i don't need to check other sites...

i've been here long time... and... compared to how it 'use to be'...

it's dead in here.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Go check out any other smartphone site, you might change your mind about how "dead" it is here.

cue the tumbleweeds
    well a lot of It comes Down to new devices. When the touchpad hit the fire sale it was a mad house around here. But with the secret you gotta search to find pre3 micro release....... Anyways, I think a lot of members are sitting in the wings waiting for something to get excited about. I know I still check this forum multiple times a day hoping to hear something, anything that will contribute to the momentum that's possible with webOS.

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    I lost my passion when i started tweaking my Nexus.

When I came back on a touchpad, it sealed the deal. WebOS kind if sucks. Laggy is the biggest problem, no apps is #2

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    I lost my passion when i started tweaking my Nexus.

When I came back on a touchpad, it sealed the deal. WebOS kind if sucks. Laggy is the biggest problem, no apps is #2

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    do you normally just walk in a room and take a dump on the floor? AZz

c000, iprice, Clay333 and 3 others like this.
    As a fan of many an orphaned system, I recall the Dreamcast community and how many moons after Sega pulled out of the hardware business, they still developed and hacked away at that system. Even supporting the efforts by purchasing some home-brew disks. I love my Touchpad, pre+ and Pixi and will continue to use them.
    WebOS is still the best mobile OS, bar none. My iCrap forum app just crashed trying to open this thread up. I miss TMC error, things just close on both WP7 and iOS.

Passion is still here. There may not be as many posts, but it's still there. I'm fighting a battle to keep one of my apps operational on webOS, but that's another story.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    well a lot of It comes Down to new devices. When the touchpad hit the fire sale it was a mad house around here. But with the secret you gotta search to find pre3 micro release....... Anyways, I think a lot of members are sitting in the wings waiting for something to get excited about. I know I still check this forum multiple times a day hoping to hear something, anything that will contribute to the momentum that's possible with webOS.
    This pretty much describes me. I actually check more often and try to contribute more to keep webOS alive. i still love my TouchPad and webOS. Anything i can do to help, i will.
    The two new overclock Pre 3 kernels sparked me up quite a bit today. 1.9 GHz is dope for a webOS addict!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast