Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree70Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Go check out any other smartphone site, you might change your mind about how "dead" it is here.

cue the tumbleweeds
    Unfortunately, its the other smartphone sites and the constant griping and whining that has probably kept many away or otherwise pushed many into not caring.

A visit to IntoMobile will show an article titled:
    New Apple patents reveal multiple new gestures likely to hit iOS

Here for example is an article regarding Apples recent patent submission for several new gestures. From this news leads the following quote "In webOS Ö who gives a ****, itís dead." in regard to gestures and multi-tasking. Our beloved platform can't just gets no respect, considering it was the first to offer true multitasking capability combined with an intuitive UI that ALL the major players are now adopting (without of course giving credit were its due!).

Sorry, for my rant, and off-topic post, where do I sign up anyway?
    Signed and thanks.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  3.    #143  
    almost 300 signatures...please share on your facebook and twitter, lets try to get 1000
    I'm guilty of this. I felt like someone stabbed me in the stomach they day that ****** Leo announced they were neutering WebOS. I check precentral maybe twice a week now, instead of my previous 2-3 times a day. The platform has lost all momentum, and it's sad.

I got an iPhone 4S now. I miss WebOS a ton, but it's been falling behind now for two years, they didn't have enough behind it to keep up. I still plan on finishing my Music ID app and posting it in the app catalog for free, but I only work on it once every couple weeks as I'm busy developing a game for iOS/Android with a friend.

I'll never, ever, ever, purchase another HP product. I can't express how much I hate the company now. They killed something really close to my nerdy heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    I'm guilty of this. I felt like someone stabbed me in the stomach they day that ****** Leo announced they were neutering WebOS. I check precentral maybe twice a week now, instead of my previous 2-3 times a day. The platform has lost all momentum, and it's sad.

I got an iPhone 4S now. I miss WebOS a ton, but it's been falling behind now for two years, they didn't have enough behind it to keep up. I still plan on finishing my Music ID app and posting it in the app catalog for free, but I only work on it once every couple weeks as I'm busy developing a game for iOS/Android with a friend.

I'll never, ever, ever, purchase another HP product. I can't express how much I hate the company now. They killed something really close to my nerdy heart.
    Hi all,

We don't know that's all over yet...if HP sells webOS to someone such as Amazon. I expect a great deal of $ will be pumped into it....as for your nerdy heart we all suffer from that here! LOL.

take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678