Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    OK I have created a petition since noone else has.

Sign away!

Petition Continue webOS tablet development
    Signed. Thanks!

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I wasn't promoting android. What's more, I was just responding directly to a question *you* asked me.

Nobody was really cheering for any other OS around here until you jumped in and started badmouthing everything that wasn't webOS.

I bet if you stop talking about android as being abandon-ware and ios as only being good for people that don't want to know what they are doing, you'd see a lot less defensive responses to your posts.

-Suntan
    You must know that this is Precentral. Home of WebOS users, and all about WebOS here.
    People share same passion, and help each other. Even frustrated member and bad mount member that still use WebOS still welcome here. But what happened here? Lots of member that already jumped ship and happy with their choice still come here. It is ok if they still have passion with our "dead" platform instead just bad mouth WebOS or discouraging new member or WebOS users here. Even great iOS and Android have their own lack, no OS is perfect, and I never said WebOS is perfect, but simply the best, and it is my own statement, and because I still have lots of passion with WebOS. And I don't much care what will happen next, all I care is my TouchPad and Pre 3 works good, and luckily I don't have hardware problem... or not yet.

Myself already beyond frustrated. Since my Pre- & Pre+ unusable because of "Screen Touching itself" problem happened. That time I spend lots of time with my Android phone as my main phone. I do several times go to phone shops and very ready to buy iPhone, because I already have iPad and iPod Touch4, I know how iOS works. But after few months, I still can't leave WebOS. Even it disappoint me twice, and I spent lots of money to buy them, I still ready to buy another, Veer my next device. I bought it when firesale still not happen. Once firesale happen, I can't stop open my internet and try to buy TouchPad and Pre3. After 5 consecutive weeks, I already succeed to buy them, and off course not at firesale price. Because people take profit from me, you know I'm not living in US, UK or German. But even I paid more then firesale price, I still know that I paid much less then If I choose other device with other platform.
    Last edited by The Bard; 11/09/2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Hahaha!!! This is the precentral I fell in love with... Argue on!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    You must know that this is Precentral. Home of WebOS users, and all about WebOS here.
    People share same passion, and help each other. Even frustrated member and bad mount member that still use WebOS still welcome here. But what happened here? Lots of member that already jumped ship and happy with their choice still come here. It is ok if they still have passion with our "dead" platform instead just bad mouth WebOS or discouraging new member or WebOS users here. Even great iOS and Android have their own lack, no OS is perfect, and I never said WebOS is perfect, but simply the best, and it is my own statement, and because I still have lots of passion with WebOS. And I don't much care what will happen next, all I care is my TouchPad and Pre 3 works good, and luckily I don't have hardware problem... or not yet.

Myself already beyond frustrated. Since my Pre- & Pre+ unusable because of "Screen Touching itself" problem happened. That time I spend lots of time with my Android phone as my main phone. I do several times go to phone shops and very ready to buy iPhone, because I already have iPad and iPod Touch4, I know how iOS works. But after few months, I still can't leave WebOS. Even it disappoint me twice, and I spent lots of money to buy them, I still ready to buy another, Veer my next device. I bought it when firesale still not happen. Once firesale happen, I can't stop open my internet and try to buy TouchPad and Pre3. After 5 consecutive weeks, I already succeed to buy them, and off course not at firesale price. Because people take profit from me, you know I'm not living in US, UK or German. But even I paid more then firesale price, I still know that I paid much less then If I choose other device with other platform.
    Hi all,

I too went over to the dark side and have an Android...it's OK that's all...The keyboard is too wide, that's why I prefer a portrait slider then the landscape slider of my Samsung Epic...it has chick-let type keys that don't have a click feel and the travel in far less then the Centro keyboard....I do love the screen the super amoled screen is amazing...plus it does solve my 2 pet peeves a removable battery & a keyboard...is it the phone of my dreams no...but it will do until HP get's act together...

I too would happily go with a webOS phone but only if it will be supported and apps were written to it....that's why I skipped on a chance to have a Pre3....

But I don't think it's over with webOS....Hp has MAJOR EGG ON IT'S FACE and Wall St is still not very happy...Meg has her work cut out for her...her best bet for webOS is to go back down Mark Hurd's path! At least part of the way... I think HP would be better offf having Samsung or HTC or some other high end phone company make the hardware, while they work on webOS!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    What makes you think webOS is any better, Jay?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Hi all,

Picking up my new Epic I have never used a Android phone and I found myself as a newbie having no idea what the heck I was doing....from what I've seen of webOS a newbie can pick it up and catch right on.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    OK I have created a petition since noone else has.

Sign away!
    Looks fine. But - I really do not care about tablets. I want more webOS phones (love my Veer) and even webOS layer for my PC / notebook with touch2share and call/text forwarding. Pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippich View Post
    Looks fine. But - I really do not care about tablets. I want more webOS phones (love my Veer) and even webOS layer for my PC / notebook with touch2share and call/text forwarding. Pls
    +1
    I'll sign your petition too.

I have a Touchpad and a Pre Plus. The Touchpad is fine, but what I really wanted was a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    For me it's how webOS uses gestures, handles notifications and multitasking without the use of physical buttons. Also I prefer some of the native apps like the contact list in webOS. It just feels more natural, easy and pleasant to use. It took me 5 minutes to figure out how to use gestures and then I was off and running.

Also, keep in mind that for HP removed many of the gestures on the Touchpad. (Kind of ruined it for me.) So if you haven't used webOS on a phone you won't get to experience the most useful gestures.

Sure, my wife's Android has better hardware, more apps, and arguably better APIs for developers, but it's just not as elegant as webOS. From a user perspective, webOS is still ahead of it's time and it's still the same basic OS that Palm released back in 2009. It had and still has the most potential, but we may never get to see it. What a shame.

It looks Android 4.0 is closing the gap though. I hope so because I need a new phone and I really enjoy using webOS on my phone.
    The Bard likes this.
    Signned!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    I have a Touchpad and a Pre Plus. The Touchpad is fine, but what I really wanted was a new phone.
    Try Pre3. It is far better then Pre+. Very significant difference. I'm pretty surprise first time I have it on my hand. It may not be suited with your current carrier, and much lack of software too, but at least it is the best webOS Phone that you can get now
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjoe View Post
    Signed. Thanks!
    Just looking at your signature here on PC, will you be getting a Palm Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Try Pre3. It is far better then Pre+. Very significant difference. I'm pretty surprise first time I have it on my hand. It may not be suited with your current carrier, and much lack of software too, but at least it is the best webOS Phone that you can get now
    Yeah, I'm on VZ and I'm not paying $600 for a Pre3 on eBay or buying a Pre 2. If the Pre 3 were on contract I might have settled for it, but it's not and there isn't anything on it way so I may give ICS a try. Or I'll just keep the Pre +.
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    Signed.
    webOS died back in 2009, and last two years they just spent putting makeup on it. OS core was neglected from the beginning, and main focus was on stunts and gimmicks. People waited for some substantial push which never came. Palm and HP tried all the time to lure developers giving them easy way to develop instead motivating them by creating really remarkable devices, worth developing for. Recently I bought Pixi+ to have some webOS memorabilia, but slowly I have started using it as my main phone, switching from GalaxyS. Reason for this switch is not webOS and it's superiority against Android, it's more I've switched despite webOS because Pixi's size and hw keyboard are great for me now when I have Ipad2 for my multimedia needs. But, I can't stop thinking how Android on Pixi would be great combination after seeing how well Android runs on Touchpad. It's really embarassing to watch Android alphas on Touchpad running better than any webOS version on any webOS device ever, and ported by guys for which this whole effort was side project of side project.
    sinsin07 likes this.
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    webOS died back in 2009, and last two years they just spent putting makeup on it. OS core was neglected from the beginning, and main focus was on stunts and gimmicks. People waited for some substantial push which never came. Palm and HP tried all the time to lure developers giving them easy way to develop instead motivating them by creating really remarkable devices, worth developing for. Recently I bought Pixi+ to have some webOS memorabilia, but slowly I have started using it as my main phone, switching from GalaxyS. Reason for this switch is not webOS and it's superiority against Android, it's more I've switched despite webOS because Pixi's size and hw keyboard are great for me now when I have Ipad2 for my multimedia needs. But, I can't stop thinking how Android on Pixi would be great combination after seeing how well Android runs on Touchpad. It's really embarassing to watch Android alphas on Touchpad running better than any webOS version on any webOS device ever, and ported by guys for which this whole effort was side project of side project.

I have tried Android on the Touchpad and you would have to be smoking some pretty good **** to beleive it runs better than webOS
    I have tried Android on the Touchpad and you would have to be smoking some pretty good **** to beleive it runs better than webOS
    Signed and agreed. I've spent several hours with CM7, here and there. It's ok, but nowhere near as simplistic to use as webOS.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Signed and agreed. I've spent several hours with CM7, here and there. It's ok, but nowhere near as simplistic to use as webOS.
    Plus its Android, run by a company whose business model is using your information for their advertising profit.
    There is no free lunch. I prefer to pay upfront and have the costs disclosed and some control over distribution of my information.

edit:
    ps Plus the community here is great and very passionate. What you hear now is the quiet sound of held breaths while they wait for HP to create a credible business plan or sell webOS.

Also the quiet clicking of keyboards as people find new and more versatile ways to use their webOS devices and share their cleverness with others.
    There are some here who much prefer other platforms to webOS but hey, take out your water filter and strain 'em out.
    Last edited by bluenote; 11/11/2011 at 12:59 PM.
    I'm still hanging on to webOS. If I can ever get a better device, I'll stick around even longer. I don't want anything else. Thx

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Ha! Still kicking it old school with a Sprint Pre on a slick patched-out webOS 1.4.5. Long Live Palm!
    Signed. I did retire my original Pre (-) in March for an Android Phone, but never felt at home there. For me it was PalmOS and now WebOS. Just was lucky to get a Pre3 and immediately its like coming home again.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast