Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes
    Hi all,

I think Leo is the reason!
    But that will change it the pending sale of webOS is true and if they pump $ into webOS!
    Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Boy this thread just says all the things I feel. Just makes me sad every day that more and more 'droid and ios just flood the mobile market with their HUGE app markets, devices available now on all carriers and just the arrogance of omnipotence when really the best, smartest, most intuitive one of them all just flounders and holds on to its last dying breath. I am a year past my upgrade, yet every time I look at whats available I come back and sigh as I clutch my well loved, overclocked super modded, and 3 year old original Sprint Palm Pre. I know at some point I will have to make the leap, and forever pine away for the lost love of the wonderful WebOs that was, and never meant to live a long happy life like its lesser peers (iOs and 'droid)

I think I'll go open a bunch of apps and amuse myself by flicking off the cards one by one..

I you Palm Pre, and will never forget the best cell phone ever!
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

C-Note and stu5797 like this.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    do you normally just walk in a room and take a dump on the floor? AZz
    What's wrong with his opinion when he is right? Webos is a lost cause. It has potential but its dead. No matter how anyone feels about ios and android, webos will never be that popular. As you can tell from nobody wanting a touchpad until it was almost free.

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    All we have left now is hope, and our old, not-really-supported devices.

I'd love to see Amazon webOS in the future... or anything for that matter. Just don't kill it!
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    First HP makes a rash irrational decision to sell PC business, Drop out of Mobile hardware completely, fire sale the Touchpad and no direction for WebOS. Now its the opposite with the indecision of how they going to move forward especially with WebOS.
    I lost a lot of my passion back when hp said they were done updating all current hardware and my Pre+ (which was advertised to be getting flash support the day I bought it) would never get flash support.

I started looking at the options and realized that webOS was really nice and competitive when I had first bought it, but it hadn’t really progressed at all from that point. That Android (and now iphone) have improved and surpassed it in a multitude of ways.

I ‘ve lost further passion after coming back here periodically to see if anything of substance has been made of webOS (it hasn’t) and just witness post after post of people making excuses or silly comments justifying their reasons for sticking with webOS. Comments like “I breath a deep breath when I can put down my 4s and pick up my TP,” or “those two android phones from different manufacturers look different, that’s too much hassle for someone to deal with,” or “My really smart friend can’t even figure out android and he’s really smart so it must be impossible to learn.” Etc. etc. Millions and millions of people happily using ios and android every day, yet you come here and people talk as if they aren’t fit to turn on. It’s silly.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I lost a lot of my passion back when hp said they were done updating all current hardware and my Pre+ (which was advertised to be getting flash support the day I bought it) would never get flash support.
    Well if it's any consolation flash support is one of few things I don't admire about my pre3.

Just came to webOs after using an iPhone since 2007. Perhaps it's because I'm also a linux user, but certainly seemed like taking a deep breath to me
    Hi all,

Do keep in mind that the simple fact is there is more interest in webOS do to the strange luck of what HP did....there has also been a great deal of interest in porting Android OS apps to work on the TouchPad....so if the right company with an interest in pumping $ into webOS...we know for sure that apps as well as games can be ported without much of a financial investment into webOS apps..

Take care all,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    there has also been a great deal of interest in porting Android OS apps to work on the TouchPad....so if the right company with an interest in pumping $ into webOS...we know for sure that apps as well as games can be ported without much of a financial investment into webOS apps..
    But this always begs the conventional question. Why would a company want to spend a lot of money to buy webOS, then spend a lot of additional money to incentivize app developers to port their android apps, when they could just release a product with android and bypass steps one and two?

And for anyone that wants to rebut that Microsoft asks for royalties from android manufacturers, I’d argue that most companies in this situation have already determined it is still more profitable to pay royalties and use android than buy webOS and deal with that mess.

Alternatively, a company looking to buy webOS (assuming hp wants to even sell the patents that they acquired with palm as part of webOS) just for its patents would likely still do good to just grab the patents, keep those as protection and still release an android device that natively supports all of the apps that would cost money to “port over.”

-Suntan
    chalx likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxborn31 View Post
    What's wrong with his opinion when he is right? Webos is a lost cause. It has potential but its dead. No matter how anyone feels about ios and android, webos will never be that popular. As you can tell from nobody wanting a touchpad until it was almost free.

This is one of many example that make precentral.net forum poisoned.

Precentral is all about webOS. You like or not you decide, you can go if this forum not suited you. Thanks for your ridiculous statement that show how 'good' you are for discouraging any good and passionate members here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Boy this thread just says all the things I feel. Just makes me sad every day that more and more 'droid and ios just flood the mobile market with their HUGE app markets, devices available now on all carriers and just the arrogance of omnipotence when really the best, smartest, most intuitive one of them all just flounders and holds on to its last dying breath. I am a year past my upgrade, yet every time I look at whats available I come back and sigh as I clutch my well loved, overclocked super modded, and 3 year old original Sprint Palm Pre. I know at some point I will have to make the leap, and forever pine away for the lost love of the wonderful WebOs that was, and never meant to live a long happy life like its lesser peers (iOs and 'droid)

I think I'll go open a bunch of apps and amuse myself by flicking off the cards one by one..

I you Palm Pre, and will never forget the best cell phone ever!
    Why you not buy another phone with other OS right now?
    Usually we have better in judgement if we have some devices in our hand.

For me that live daily with many devices of Android, my pre3+Touchpad , and my iPad+iPod Touch4, I learned all of them, how they work and how good and bad they are, and I decided that webOS is the best suited for me compared to others.

WebOS Will be dead soon or later, but as long as it is still available to buy, I won't regret to buy and use it till the end. More over device/gadget isn't like a marriage. We can have as many as we want in same time
    Don't know if HP takes Dutch people serious, but I strongly support any petitions to do all we can to keep webOS alive!
    The Bard likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post

Precentral is all about webOS.
    webOS in a blinkered vacuum, self-congratulating, and gradually being leached of passion?

Or webOS aware of its true position in the market, and seeking to build passion through a magnificent struggle?

Spyke
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post

Precentral is all about webOS. You like or not you decide, you can go if this forum not suited you. Thanks for your ridiculous statement that show how 'good' you are for discouraging any good and passionate members here.
    I owned 2 touchpads by the way. Sold them both. I'm just realistic. That's all.

Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    The passion for webOS is still here, it's just buried under everyone's bitterness and frustration. And I still have a Dreamcast, I'm not going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I think GFN needs to set it up... :-P

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I haven't seen you around here in a long time..
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I prefer flicking cards down on my touchpad with it upside down, in landscape, with the sound up. Much more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by paul_c View Post
    The passion for webOS is still here, it's just buried under everyone's bitterness and frustration. And I still have a Dreamcast, I'm not going anywhere.
    I don't have my dream cast anymore, but I did stay at a holiday inn last night.

I do still have some HDDVD's though.
    My Dreamcast must be lying around in some closet here
    I haven't seen you around here in a long time..
    I lurk :-P ...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    It's hard to stay passionate when HP says they're going to stop making new WebOS devices.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast