Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By speedygodzilla
  • 1 Post By speedygodzilla
  1.    #1  
    Please take a few minutes or however long you want to tell Meg Whitman what you think. It only took about 3 to 5 minutes of how I would like continue support of webOS. I would love it we could flood the inbox with the webOS community suggestions. Here is the link:
    Email the CEO
    Soorma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedygodzilla View Post
    I would love it we could flood the inbox with the webOS community suggestions.
    A "flood" that never gets above the ankles is not a flood...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yes I know that is wishful thinking. Please email anyways, it certainly can't hurt.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    meg, put webos up for sale on ebay
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Wonders how many filters are there before a single email gets to her... Obviously, this gets to a monkey in the comm. dept then filtered out.... Junk mails are thrown away.
    OK, I'm in. I did it.
    Seriously people, do it.

I just got two replies: one generic (thank you for your feedback etc) but another one that specifically said (direct quote) "we have received your email to HP's CEO, regarding continuing to manufacture webOS devices". It means someone took the time to read my (rather long) email and actually knew what I was referring to.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Surprisingly I got a call from someone saying they were from HP at a little after 12 today. It was a 407 area code and the man ( I missed his name due to his accent ) said they called to tell me they had received my feedback and wanted to let me know they would be forwarding it up the line. I thanked him for his call and told him I was surprised that they called about it. I explained to him I understand any corporation has to consider its shareholders first, and if WebOS had been floundering for years, it would make sense, but with such a short time to even warm the water, there was no way for HP to truly be able to judge its success. I told him that WebOS has a strong but dwindling following and we have been in what seems to be a perpetual holding pattern. He said he would certainly communicate that as well. Obviously he couldn't give me any information, but the simple fact that they called was positive in my opinion.

Here is my message that I sent and the response I got back this afternoon after the call:

From: External ceo-communication <external.ceo-communication@hp.com>
    Date: Nov 3, 2011 11:47 AM
    Subject: RE: Feedback to CEO and President Meg Whitman from Joe Doctor
    To: jldoctor

Your comments have been received by HP and have been forwarded to the appropriate people within Hewlett-Packard for review.

Regards,

CEO Customer Relations

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 3:12 PM
    To: Feedback to the HP CEO
    Subject: Feedback to CEO and President Meg Whitman from Joe Doctor

This message has been rerouted to you by the HP.COM email Router.
    If this message has been sent to you in error, please send it to the mailbox
    at HP.COM ROUTER per the HP email
    directory. (R.C.ID 3748167-5710494-1102:2216)

Original message follows:
    -------------------------

This is a message to HP's CEO, from a valued customer: Joe Doctor.

Customer's Phone: 606-XXX-XXXX
    Customer's E-Mail: jldoctor
    Feedback Area:
    - Product experience
    - Service or support experience
    - Ideas and Suggestions
    I am a Palm and HP customer since 1999, owning a number of HP computers and printers, and Palm PDA's and phones. In fact I have only owned one phone in the last 8 years that was not Palm. I currently have an HP desktop PC, HP laptop, HP printer, and Palm Pre 2 (with a Palm Pre, Pre Plus, and Pixi in a drawer). I am a consummate WebOS supporter and quite frankly am appalled by some of the recent actions HP has enacted with the WebOS platform. This platform has a rabid fan base, similar to Apple, and would be a great foundation for HP to build a base with. I also realize that many of the decisions where by Mr. Apotheker, and look to you to correct that shortsighted view. WebOS has been lauded by even the most diehard Apple fans, and by bringing it back with solid hardware, HP can take market share from both Apple and Android with its ease of use and support. Consider the limited scale of the users currently yet look at the demand for Pre 3's (people paying huge amounts f
    or them) and the actions of groups such as WebOS Internals. Imagine the market share that can be taken by releasing quality hardware combined with the support of HP and groups like WebOS Internals. The possibilities are endless. Further, creating connectivity between ALL HP products (phones communicating with printers, tablets, PC's, etc.) can entice consumers to more HP products. We are not dealing with the Apple Newton or some other limited product; we are dealing with a product that with a slight amount of support can put HP deeply into the smart phone market.

I challenge you to look beyond the bottom line of today. I challenge you to look at the chance to create a solid base of consumers that will line up the night before the release of a new product. Look at where Apple was before Steve Jobs return, and then look at the iPhone and iPad releases. This is the opportunity you have today.

As an HP/Palm customer and enthusiast, I ask you to not waste it.

This message was sent on: 11/2/2011 at 22:11:51 GMT

Joe Doctor also added this personal information:
    Company:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Fax:

------------------------ ****************************************************************** This message originated from the Internet. Its originator may or may not be who they claim to be and the information contained in the message and any attachments may or may not be accurate. ******************************************************************

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    agreed, even if all of you on precentral wrote her it wouldn't be enough to make a difference.

hp is going to stick with windows from now on.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    agreed, even if all of you on precentral wrote her it wouldn't be enough to make a difference.

hp is going to stick with windows from now on.

Unfortunately you are correct. As much as I'd like to be optimisitic about this, I know that the absolute best we can hope for is WebOS to be licensed out and even that is not much consolation as we are about at the end of its life cycle due to how it has been handled.

It would almost make sense from a business perspective for Microsoft to buy whats left of Palm from HP. They could effectively bury whats left of WebOS, or integrate parts of it, plus own patents that would give them strength in the smart phone industry.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
  11.    #12  
    Please continue to take the time to email the CEO. It may not help but it most definitely won't hurt. It takes very little effort or time. webOS is not dead and lets not let HP bury it without letting us be heard!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities