Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    No. The reality is the leprechauns killed webOS.
    Leprechaun?I can see a resemblence... but i thought LEO was german.
    Palm gave it a terminal illness called "substandard hardware" and HP took it off life support. It's breathing on it's own with a small shot in the arm called "fire sale"...but it's only a matter of time before it's laying on the table, its useful parts taken out to breathe new life into Android or WP.
    "substandard"? Aside from the iPad 2, and discounting cameras, what has inarguably better hardware than a TouchPad, that was available in July? Or even is available now?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Agree with eblade. TP hardware is quite good. Now whether HP had spent enough time to optimize WebOS to fit the hardware, especially around the end-user experience is certainly questionable.
    It seems obvious that time that should have been spent further developing webOS 3.0 before launch unfortunately got spent in getting everything ready for the forced 3.0 launch on July 1. If they'd released the units say November 1st instead of July, with 3.0.4, and had an *** ton of app developers, and released them at $300 and $400 or thereabouts, they'd be only fielding complaints about legitimate bugs and the craptastic camera, rather than having had to deal with all this junk that has happened since July 1. Unfortunately, it seems that either Leo was single handedly running all decisions, or had completely sold the board on decisions, and now we're +800,000 users, and no more new hardware is being produced.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    "substandard"? Aside from the iPad 2, and discounting cameras, what has inarguably better hardware than a TouchPad, that was available in July? Or even is available now?

Blackberry Playbook
    Asus Transformer
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

To be fair after seeing a touchpad in person I really want one now.
    Microsoft didn't kill them, but it's likely holding their head underwater now. Forget marketshare, in a hyper-charged market, any competitor is seen as a potential threat. Especially if you are at the bottom of the heap as both webOS and Windows are.

Notice how gleefully they went after the webOS developers when the shutdown was announced. Apple and Google didn't need to do that so publicly.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12