• 1 Post By fmarcanojr
  • 2 Post By matchqq
  • 3 Post By SmartFah
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 3 Post By bassic83
  • 1 Post By Maverickz
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I was thinking that everyone with a Twitter account should send @MegWhitman and @HP a tweet letting them know that we want to see #webOS and the @palm brand name continue. If enough of us do this while HP are deciding the future of webOS in these next few months, it will show Meg Whitman that webOS does indeed have a profitable future.

Stu :-)

P.S. Make sure you hashtag #savewebos at the end.
    fmarcanojr and joen05 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartguthrie View Post
    Hey all,

I was thinking that everyone with a Twitter account should send @MegWhitman and @HP a tweet letting them know that we want to see #webOS and the @palm brand name continue. If enough of us do this while HP are deciding the future of webOS in these next few months, it will show Meg Whitman that webOS does indeed have a profitable future.

Stu :-)

P.S. Make sure you hashtag #savewebos at the end.
    Yes. Awesome idea. Now is the time to do this while HP is still trying to make a decision. This show of faith will demonstrate to HP that the webOS community is fully supportive of webOS as our "platform of choice" and need HP (or another OEM) to build hardware, infrastructure, ecosystem that webOS so richly deserves. Not bits-n-pieces of webOS in a printer or toaster. Noooo! webOS is a world class OS reviewed as the most polished, elegant, and user-friendly OS for mobile devices everywhere. So let's kick the tires and light the fires and convince HP Chairwoman Meg Whitman either via Twitter at: @MegWhitman or email, meg.whitman@hp.com. Keep the Faith Everyone. Please continue to show your support for webOS. Now is the time to make a difference.
    Last edited by fred1955; 10/31/2011 at 10:20 AM.
    stuartguthrie likes this.
    Same rumor that's been thrown around all day. While sad, it is just that right now, a rumor.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Same rumor that's been thrown around all day. While sad, it is just that right now, a rumor.
    There is a retweet petition going on from webOS developers to Meg Whitman asking her not to kill off webOS. You can find the retweet @Adora

Also here is a link you can send a message to Meg http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html
    I sent one last week and have got their response.

If you really don't want webOS to die or just want to release some of your discontent, resort to the above channels and let them know how many customers they are messing with here.
    Twitter may not be enough. We may need to protest outside of HP offices all across America, lol.
    #OccupyHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Twitter may not be enough. We may need to protest outside of HP offices all across America, lol.
    #OccupyHP
    OK.. that hashtag made me laugh
    SmartFah likes this.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I just fired off an email to Meg, here's what I wrote...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms. Whitman,

I realize that the Touchpad will never be brought back, but by abandoning the WebOS platform, you are alienating hundreds of thousands of customers. Since the decision to kill off the Touchpad and the Veer and Pre3 has already been made, I cannot emphasize enough that there are many, many fans of the WebOS operating system itself. For confirmation of that, check out precentral.net, it is a vibrant, hopeful community of WebOS users.

I know Mr. Hurd had a vision for it that Leo Apotheker did not share, but I really feel that the damage that Leo did to HP would be at least partially ameliorated if WebOS were NOT killed off by HP, but either sold to a suitor (HTC, perhaps?) or better yet, open-sourced under terms of the Linux GPL.

The tax benefits of donating it, perhaps to the developers at WebOS Internals, for instance, would be beneficial to HP as well, perhaps you could consider that?

On that note, I'll offer $1000, cash, for WebOS in it's entirety. No muss, no fuss, I would assume all rights to it. Oh, and a contact list of the engineers who worked on it for HP might be nice, as I am not a coder. I know people who are, and even know some that work with WebOS as a hobby, but to be honest, I know very little about the internals at this point, not having the source code for it. I do believe that it is a fantastic phone/tablet OS, and that it could have a brighter future than you give it credit for. With no gadgets being produced by HP to put it on, why not turn WebOS over to me? I am certain I could arrange for its continued development and could even arrange for a new source of hardware to put it on.

Please consider my offer, I am serious about it. I may lack the mega-finances of a large corporation such as yours, but I do genuinely care about WebOS, and wish to see it on many more devices going forward.

I look forward to your response on this matter, thank you for your time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I bid on WebOS and rights to it, I wonder if she'll get back to me? And if I do manage to buy it, who would be willing to help me with it?
    The decision has NOT been made...yet. There are multiple options on the table including but not limited to, licensing webOS to third party hardware vendors. I have the impression that SOMETHING will be done with webOS, other than just let it die. Meg does realize that the decision will not only affect all of the webOs customers, but also the employees that work on it. Of course there are no guarantees as to what the decision will be, but I do know that they are looking at all options and ramifications.
    stuartguthrie likes this.