Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    @ fixxxer, I don't fully agree on the HW point... remembering the time, when Nokia, SonyEriccson etc. came out with phones - not smartphones yet - haveing FAR better cameras then the Treo's ever had...here in Euope this was the time people were ready to spend more money on phones and a hipe started...but yes this was a failure of Palm...and those phones had better phone - call qualities as the Treo's too.
    BUT webOS is still the far best OS - cause of gesture and real multitask!
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    I seriously don't understand why people on here blame the hardware. The Touchpad for instance has fine hardware. Its WebOS that is a clunky bloated mess. Its not optimized at all to run on the hardware and the software that is included is ridiculously old and outdated. Seriously the web browser is a joke compared to other mobile platforms. So don't blame the hardware, its the software that is lacking.
    I think the hw was poorly designed. No sd card, no hdmi out, the speakers on the bottom where they are muffled, a case that develops hairline cracks and a poor camera. Good screen, sound, form factor, processor.

Overall poorly designed in view of the original asking price.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I seriously don't understand why people on here blame the hardware. The Touchpad for instance has fine hardware. Its WebOS that is a clunky bloated mess
    Can't agree, considering how well webOS runs on my Pre 3.

I don't think the Touchpad hardware (at least, CPU wise) is bad, nor do I think it's performance is the main reason it failed. I do think it's too heavy, needed an sd card and hdmi out, and another camera.

The Pre's (prior to the Pre 3) I do think had serious hardware problems, particularly Pre-/Pre+ and Pixi.
    Heck no dude!!!! I love webOS! HP screwed us and themselves over by dropping webOS and droping the Touchapd! The touchpad could have been number 2 to the iPad! They just needed more app developers! I love webOS and i love the Touchpad but right now I hate HP! I hope someone from HP reads this and brings this point to their managers. There was no reason to drop webOS and the touchpad! They were graet!
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    I agree on the HW, if they would have made it a real special TP, other than the others it would have been more... but from the begining, they had the same Palm attitude, do less than the others - to come into this market they would have had to cut down their margins and do something for the people, SD card, 3G from the beginning, back-camera, HDMI output... but the heck, they anyway stoped.
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12