1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI....see link.

take care,

Jay

Is A Kindle Phone On Amazonís To-Do List?

Filed in: Android , Phones
    By Radu Tyrsina, October 21, 2011 @ 6:52am

Is A Kindle Phone On Amazon

Considering they pride in producing high-end quality devices and selling them for next-to-nothing, a Kindle phone could even come for free with a two year contract, or even if not for free, weíre sure it would cost very little. Maybe they will buy HPís Palm arm at a bargain basement price and launch the Kindle Pre.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I would be surprised. A Kindle phone would not be able to differentiate itself from the competition just by the inclusion of Kindle, since a Kindle App is already available for most OSes. Now if they made a Kindle phone with an e-ink display, that would be something new, but does anyone really want an e-ink display on a device that small?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I would be surprised. A Kindle phone would not be able to differentiate itself from the competition just by the inclusion of Kindle, since a Kindle App is already available for most OSes. Now if they made a Kindle phone with an e-ink display, that would be something new, but does anyone really want an e-ink display on a device that small?
    Hi all,

I disagree with you...I think the next wave of products will stress a common thread of being able to buy/get from one firm and play your music, videos, ebooks and apps.....and very easily transfer them from device to device...

If people are already downloading books, and music on Amazon and Amazon is putting a fine veneer of software over Android and seeking to create order...after all...now that I'm using an Android phone... android is so customized from hardware maker to hardware maker...the biggest growth in smartphone users are neophytes....if Amazon can make them all of their devices slick, easy to use and place a very user friendly overlay or skin on top of Android, (or for that matter if they should buy webOS)...I think they'll make a success of it...

In addition, if you belong to Amazon Prime which you will have to to use the Amazon Fire...the list of free Movies and TV shows as grown quite a bit in the past few weeks....

Another plus for a unified platform...in a way the success of Android is also one it's major failings....the software is allowed to be customized so, plus Google never thought that products would be released with older versions...there was a android device, I think it was a small unit attached to a bean bag type stand... (I've forgotten who made it at this point it was a failure), it not just had an older version of android ...it couldn't be updated and it went up for sale a few weeks before a never version of Android it the shelves...

In addition, knowing Amazon I think they will front load a smartphone with all kinds of goodies upon signing....just like the Amazon Fire...they don't mind breaking even or even losing money on it as long as they make it up my moving more products thru the pipeline.

Keep in mind that Amazon prime members buy at least 20% more from Amazon,once they become members...I do....

With my most recent renewal of Amazon Prime, my then g/f now my wonderful fiancee had unexpected company....she was short on beds so she ordered an Aerobed...the free shipping on it alone would have been almost 1/2 of the $79 fee....on average Amazon starts loosing on shipping fees with me by the 3rd to 4th month of the yearly renewal....plus all of the other free goodies I get from them as a member of Prime...

One other point, as I alluded to earlier...if Amazon buys webOS they have the marketing skill, consumer base and enough money to do what HP promised it would do and then lied about it...is to port tons of apps to the platform....(they have aldready adapted aprox 10,000 apps for the Amazon Fire and it's not even up for sale yet), we have already witnessed the beginning of porting Android apps to webOS ont eh TouchPad...at that is with a small group of people and with very little funding...Amazon has the funds, the wherewith all and the marketing prowess to do so....(in fact Barnes and Nobel is so threatened by Amazon's marketing might they have now decided to do what Amazon did years ago and start carrying a huge selection other than books, (I assume kitchenware, shoes, clothing and gifts)....good luck to them with that since Amazon is now the 3ton gorilla already in the room).

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Kindles are only for long travelling. tours just for enjoying your holidays with your favorite books. Electronic items are always for fancy, not fit for long life.