1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI......see link.

I disagree with this article, Android apps have already been ported to the TouchPad...so it's not that difficult to for Amazon to get apps ported from Android to webOS.....Amazon has lots of money to do so...Palm didn't have enough $ and HP changed direction when Mark Hurd was fired....the BOD chickened out...but then again the board was too stupid to interview Leo before hiring him....

One other point, having a Amazon smartphone gives a common thread of having music, ebooks, apps and video completely transferable from device to device since they would all be using the same OS after all Apple has done so...this would give customers another reason to pick Amazon over Apple...

take care,

jay

Will Amazon produce a Kindle phone?
    by David Carnoy October 20, 2011 3:42 PM PDT

Will Amazon produce a Kindle phone? | Crave - CNET

A little Fire is all it takes to build a Kindle smartphone.
    (Credit: David Carnoy/CBS Interactive)
    Back in August of 2010, I wrote a column titled, "Will Amazon produce its own Android tablet?"
    To give credit where credit was due, the article was a spin-off of a piece that the New York Times Bits blog did about Lab126, the division of Amazon behind the Kindle, located in Cupertino, Calif., not far from Apple. The article suggested that Amazon was looking into producing more hardware beyond the Kindle and I thought that a foray into the Android tablet market seemed likely, particularly considering it dovetailed nicely with Amazon's e-reader/e-book venture.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    There is no reason for amazon to pick webos over android, especially since they reskin the whole thing.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)