Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By thirsy1258
  1.    #1  
    Sad as it is to admit, it does like we've reached that point with WebOS. I've soldiered on in the hopes that WebOS would be attractive enough to someone to purchase/license. As HTC just announced they have no desire to partner with WebOS, this leaves us pretty much with Amazon as the only hope. We got teased last week with the leak of an "imminent" announcement about what HP was going to do with WebOS. Alas, a full week has come and gone, without the faintest of rumors. These days, if there's not a rumor, that usually means nothing is going on. The Amazon rumors have fizzled out, so it doesn't look like that's going to materialize into anything. Unless someone comes out of nowhere to pick WebOS up (or unless HP has managed to surpass even Apple in secrecy), then it seems like all reasonable hope is finally lost.
    I feel like I've just bought a Sony MiniDisc player. Sad...
    Well u couldn't put android on a disk player

sent from my thunderbolt
    DeadVim and cgk like this.
    It is way too quiet. I think big news will be revealed soon. Either way, I will keep my Pre 3 and Touchpad for another 12 months. They are decent enough for me to search my lost soul with WebOS.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    We got teased last week with the leak of an "imminent" announcement about what HP was going to do with WebOS.
    Idiotic rumor started by Apple Insider --- then got picked up by the press.

Would you believe Apple Insider of all places have inside information on HP?
    Rumors are just that......rumors.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Idiotic rumor started by Apple Insider --- then got picked up by the press.

Would you believe Apple Insider of all places have inside information on HP?
    I would of siri said so.

sent from my thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by thirsy1258 View Post
    Well u couldn't put android on a disk player
    Great. Now we're going to see someone trying to hack one of these just to prove you wrong.
    Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    I bought several and a high-end MD recorder. I still prefer the sound to the iPods, so it goes.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    The end of downloading the new TouchPad update is in sight, but it's taking forever
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    It's a rumor, that doesn't confirm anything, because....it's a rumor.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I guess that most negative webOS rumors tend to become fact. All other webOS rumors never materialised
    lol I know what mean. I had 2 of them... actually I still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
  15.    #15  
    Well, it just sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus20 View Post
    It is way too quiet. I think big news will be revealed soon. Either way, I will keep my Pre 3 and Touchpad for another 12 months. They are decent enough for me to search my lost soul with WebOS.
    Its the calm before the storm... Here's to hoping for the best.

With my pre3 and touchpad, I think I am set for another year.

If nothing comes out, then there are a lot of interesting choices out there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Yeah, I lost hope a while back, too. Ebay'ed my HP gear and moved to an iPad and iPhone 4. It's not all bad, though - while I still mourn the loss of WebOS, iOS is pretty nice. So it's not SO bad over in Apple land...