Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    We are a small company based in egypt and while we can get funding, we are actually in the race of operating systems in which we are approaching the end of quickly and the era of 95% market share is coming fast, this should mean that companies will start to act like microsoft and there will be no competition whatsoever, so my question is this are there any estimates of the price of webos as a whole including the patents portfolio? this could make us enter the mobile race very fast and even kill the competition as webos is far far ahead of its competitor but never got finished.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Also i would love for developers to answers this question, I don't care if developing for webos is easy or fast I care about capabilities and to my mind a fully native os worked much better for ios and if you don't know what I am taking about just try garage band on ipad 2 or even some 3d games like dead space and infinity blade, even small things like touch response and performance on ios are way ahead of anything on earth as they have full native access to the hardware, can enyo and webos achieve these stuff in a years time?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Yes.
    most of the patents are actually owned by Access. Palm retained the right to unlimited use for use in portable devices.

buying webOS without the hardware business might not be very useful.

HP paid $1.2 billion for that.
    Was the Egypt of Nigeria?