Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I need a gesture area, or to at least back swipe to move back in an app/webpage. I don't want to have to reach up and press the back button. These gestures made one handed use so much easier.

Also, what webos has done with Cards would be great with iOS.

Web OS has been much more intuitive than iOS, Apple would crush the market if they incorporated WebOS ideas into iOS
    Judging from the gestures on iPad 2, I'm almost positive we'll see them in some form on the iPhone -- whether it's multi-finger swiping or the rumored pill shaped home button.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    I don't think it's too big of a leap to fathom that virtually all smartphones will incorporate 100% gesture functionality in the near future.

I don't think Apple would ever feel the need to buy webOS when they can make it themselves (one way or another).
    Yeah I can understand this, but I don't have much confidence that they'll get it right like webOS. WebOS would come cheap too.
    apple lacking webos functionality certainly doesn't appear to be hurting them so I wouldn't count on apple buying webos, ever.
    Apple are the last people that I want to get hold of webOS. There would be no more Homebrew community.
    Apple are the last people that I want to get hold of webOS. There would be no more Homebrew community.
    yep no more customize with out jail break etc...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Keep in mind, HP was in one way it seems planning on removing the gesture area that we soo loved. Just like everything else in this world. Innovation seems to be going backwards. Look at the bandwidth market. Back in the day when everything was "pay by minutes". Now were back to a "pay by gigabyte". Eventually we will go back to unlimited. Someone like sprint will hopefully continue to pave the way. However I don't see companies like AT&T etc backing away from there limited packages anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    virgin mobile...