Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey,

I am an absolute webOS lover on Sprint. I have had a Pre-, Pixi-, and now Frankenpre 2. I also have the Touchpad that I love (bought days before firesale!) and an AT&T pre 3 that I can't use.. I love the phones - well, actually, the OS - but can't get a Pre 3 on my service (No matter how I ask) and am finding that I, despite everything I thought I believed and stood for, find the new iPhone 4S very, very attractive. I am coming back to this community because I need help. I feel like I should resist the iPhone but I'm getting weak after all the torture HP has put me through. Is there any hope? Has anyone heard anything about the talks this week at HP? Ah, I'm torn inside. Thanks for any help, guys.

~m
    I agree with residentcomedian.

-Sent from my Pre- (which is still the device that works best for me)
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Put aside your allegiances and pick the device that works best for you. Simple as that.
    This.

Move on with your life. If webOS does manage to come back from the brink through some miracle, you can always get a new webos device next contract.

-Suntan
    dignitary likes this.
    I also agree. Play around with some other devices and see which ones you like best. I did the same thing and went running back to webOS as fast as I could - but thats just me. As much as I loathe all things Apple, iOS5 is actually pretty slick. I have to give credit where its due.
    Do what I did stick with the pre and get an iPod touch
    With free tether
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Hey,

I am an absolute webOS lover on Sprint. I have had a Pre-, Pixi-, and now Frankenpre 2. I also have the Touchpad that I love (bought days before firesale!) and an AT&T pre 3 that I can't use.. I love the phones - well, actually, the OS - but can't get a Pre 3 on my service (No matter how I ask) and am finding that I, despite everything I thought I believed and stood for, find the new iPhone 4S very, very attractive. I am coming back to this community because I need help. I feel like I should resist the iPhone but I'm getting weak after all the torture HP has put me through. Is there any hope? Has anyone heard anything about the talks this week at HP? Ah, I'm torn inside. Thanks for any help, guys.

~m
    I think you should work under the assumption that we won't see new webOS phones for a long time or ever. I felt the same way you do, but eventually I realized I wanted a new phone and picked up the Evo 3D. I'm still a fan of webOS, but I haven't regretted my decision at all. The Pre- was getting really old and worn.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    I think you should work under the assumption that we won't see new webOS phones for a long time or ever. I felt the same way you do, but eventually I realized I wanted a new phone and picked up the Evo 3D. I'm still a fan of webOS, but I haven't regretted my decision at all. The Pre- was getting really old and worn.
    Don't mean to jack the thread, but have you developed any apps for android?
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    OP, you could continue to use your Pre on WiFi even after you take it off of your Sprint account.

I don't know if Google Voice works on the Pres anymore (it once did), but if not, you could still do all the web browsing you want with it via WiFi and play around with another phone in the meantime.
    I'm in mstrblueskys boat. So, I have a question about Google Voice on a Sprint Franken Pre 2 after you switch to the iPhone 4S:

Can you actually then use the Pre 2 as a phone, i.e., does Google Voice provide a separate phone number that would work as along as you have a Wi-Fi connection? If so, thanks residentcomedian--I had never considered this idea before!

But I probably have this all mixed up like an *****--wouldn't be the first time!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I will likely get the 4s when my contract with a pre- expires, so can't help you stay with webOS. If handsets return, I will consider them next time around.
    Hey,

~m
    You're almost exactly like me. I have all those phones, was on my FrankenPre 2 and it just wasn't cutting it with me. I bought a Pre 3, amazing phone. But I had an upgrade so I might as well use it, and I plan/planned on selling my phone (Nexus S) after a month of activation. After using it for a couple days, I can see why there are a ton of people using Android.

Pros:
    Tons and Tons of apps that I actually get to use. Most for free. - Huge difference from webOS.
    Speed - a lot less lag than webOS. Even at the basic level.
    Nexus S - if this was a webOS device, it would be the perfect one. It has an amazing form factor

Cons:
    Multitasking - hate it.
    Other stuff, I'm not going to go into it on.

But here's my advice, I would say just go for the phone you want. It's not like you're going to hurt anyone's feelings or whatever. And you can always switch back to webOS when you're ready and when webOS is ready. Seeing Android for what it is, it's a much more baked OS than webOS is. I didn't see that before, being a biased webOS user.

Those are my .02.

I still say webOS is much better though, just needs apps and hardware.
    Sprint Love
    dignitary likes this.
    pre2 would only be useful for skype calls (not sure about GSM, but vzw for sure). Same with pre3. It would only work while connecting to wifi...

1. Choose your carrier.
    2. Choose your phone.
    I have to agree with those who are saying that if webOS / the Pre aren't working for you anymore that you should probably switch.

For me personally, I've been looking hard at WP7 and Android, but honestly the Synergy features (for all my accounts, not just Google stuff on Android or MS & Facebook stuff on WP7) on webOS have spoiled me, and it's going to be very difficult when I'm forced to switch.
    ananimus likes this.
    I'm the biggest Apple hater but they do make great products. iP4s is hard to turn down. It's got it all really and to me, it's not bloated like so many other 4"+ phones out there. Plus you get apps that webOS faithfuls can only dream about. And you get a brand new iOS5... it's no webOS but it IS a mature OS and as Apple has proven time after time, it just works. And it's CDMA and also a GSM world phone. And you get this on Sprint. Really hard to turn down. If a family member or a friend wanted one, I have little reason to stop them.
    Dump Sprint and go with a Pre 3 on another carrier, many people in here (including myself) have taken this route and have no regrets.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I am thankful for the 12 years I have been with Sprint and the various Palm phones I have had over the years. I am thankful for Sprint bring the Pre- on their network as it has been a fantastic phone.

I am thankful for Precentral through which I have prolonged the life of my Pre- with 2.1 and all the trimmings.

Finally, I am thankful for Sprint's decision to abolish their premier program as the Pre 3 was released making it easy for me to continue my Pre love fest as I placed my Pre 3 onto AT&T network.

I am thankful for AT&T with their HSDPA network and its increased speed and reliability.

Life is good!
    despite everything I thought I believed and stood for, find the new iPhone 4S very, very attractive.
    If you're a mobile phone is a proxy for your belief system; if it represents what you stand for, i really just don't know what to say. Other then i find that is truly sad.

Has anyone heard anything about the talks this week at HP
    if HP sold webos today you probably would not see a new webos phone on sale for 9 months. And that doesn't mean any carrier would carry it.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Don't mean to jack the thread, but have you developed any apps for android?
    Yes, Quick Post.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    To the OP; You're actually gonna try and resist that iPhone Kool-Aid??
    I'm on Sprint as well, and I have a FrankenPre 2. My contract is up this month, and as soon as I get bored with my Pre 2, I'm upgrading to the 4S. I'll continue to enjoy webOS on my TouchPad, but it's only a matter of time before I start drinking that iPhone Kool-Aid. Oh Yeah!!!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    seriously, get an ipod touch.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast