Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I am sure the Bing Maps is just an ipk with the same name as Google Maps on the Pre, so that it overwrites it.

    Any way that someone could extract the .ipk and rename it so that we could have it as a separate app?

    I want both google and bing maps on my Pre, they both have their advantages.

    Thanks

    Rob
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I am sure the Bing Maps is just an ipk with the same name as Google Maps on the Pre, so that it overwrites it.

    Any way that someone could extract the .ipk and rename it so that we could have it as a separate app?

    I want both google and bing maps on my Pre, they both have their advantages.

    Thanks

    Rob
    +1
  3. #3  
    distributing the files would be illegal. Hopefully someone will post instructions so that people can do it on their own.
  4. #4  
    I'm not sure how possible it would be to just extract the ipk anyway. Considering the ipk needs to install enyo (and installs it to the framework directory), I don't think a normal method of copying the folder and using palm-package would work anyway.

    Maybe using BFG Maps would work, for the times you need Google?
  5. mosdl's Avatar
    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #5  
    ssh into phone, load the google ipk, change the id, done
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  6. #6  
    re-installing google sounds easier since you need enyo for the bing.
    how easy is it to get the google ipk?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    re-installing google sounds easier since you need enyo for the bing.
    how easy is it to get the google ipk?
    grab it out of a doctor
  8. #8  
    ive never pulled anything from the doctor. any helpful links would be, well, helpful.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    ive never pulled anything from the doctor. any helpful links would be, well, helpful.
    try this:
    h t t p://dl.dropbox.com/u/15950711/com.palm.app.gmaps_1.0.0_all.ipk

    sorry, I don't post often, so you have to remove the space to download.
  10. pman_lt's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #10  
    Can someone link a to the new Bing Maps ipk with WebOS 2.1 for Enyo
  11.    #11  
    I can confirm this works, so the steps are to:

    1) Install HP Maps

    2) Download Google Maps from old WebOS Doctor

    3) Install Google Maps with Preware or Internalz or WOSQI

Posting Permissions