1.    #1  
    when is someone going to webOS can there be cons if someone buys it or pros. If amazon bus webOS just the amazon marketing all I need so it could be easier then trying to make it into an android tablet and that you can still use the card stacking

this is o my touchpad soimightmake mistakes
    We should know soon since Meg wants to move fast in the decisions.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Pst ... let me tell you a secret - but don't tell anybody else ...

This is just a baseless unconfirmed rumor - there is 0 evidence that Amazon is interested - much less in negotiatons - to buy webos.

Not happening. Makes no sense.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Pst ... let me tell you a secret - but don't tell anybody else ...

This is just a baseless unconfirmed rumor - there is 0 evidence that Amazon is interested - much less in negotiatons - to buy webos.

Not happening. Makes no sense.
    rumor? You mean amazon has said nothing about buying it and its just the predictors? That makes me lose hope
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdosback View Post
    when is someone going to webOS can there be cons if someone buys it or pros. If amazon bus webOS just the amazon marketing all I need so it could be easier then trying to make it into an android tablet and that you can still use the card stacking

this is o my touchpad soimightmake mistakes
    Go into Settings/Text Assist and turn auto-correction off.
    Hopefully it won't be Amazon as they will lock it tighter than a drum like they are doing with the Amazon Fire Tablet. Forked android os, NO android market, Amazon apps only, and everything totally tied to Amazon period. I won't by Apple because of this, and I also wouldn't buy Fire. I only buy tech that can be used with everything, and not totally tied to the MFG.
    Palm M125-M130-M500-M515-Tungsten T3-Palm Pixi Plus/Pageplus
    HP Touchpad 32gb rec'd 10/26
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoisRR View Post
    Hopefully it won't be Amazon as they will lock it tighter than a drum like they are doing with the Amazon Fire Tablet. Forked android os, NO android market, Amazon apps only, and everything totally tied to Amazon period. I won't by Apple because of this, and I also wouldn't buy Fire. I only buy tech that can be used with everything, and not totally tied to the MFG.
    If Amazon buys it, it'll be successful, be in users hands, and will get dev support. At its current rate, it'll be the best OS nobody will ever use.

I'll take B. At least I get to keep its amazing user interface and usability. Amazon is one of the few players who could add value added services and give it something to differentiate itself, something almost nobody else can guarantee.
    Keep amazon as far away from WebOS in my opinion. I'd rather have it die then fall into the hands of Amazon. I say this as an owner of 6 TPs, 2 Pre3s, Pre2, and a Pre-.

I don't have to worry much because there is really no reason in the world Amazon would ever buy the WebOS assets, Amazon cares about selling e-books and streaming video and selling music, none of which require WebOS. They already support other platforms for many of their services, if someone wants to use an iPad to read kindle books amazon doesn't care, if they want to use their Tivo to stream amazon video amazon doesn't care.

The kindle was crap at music and video so they introduced their new platforms which can leverage that content more effectively.

Amazon doesn't care about the user experience as in evident in most of the services they provide(ever used their cloud? what a piece of crap). WebOS is about a premium user experience (whether or not it gets it right is another matter). Out of amazon's league.