Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or the Samsung Galaxy Nexus looks like it is a webOS device? It reminds me of the Touchpad, Pre 3 and of course that slate rumor pic we saw before.

Galaxy Nexus: The First Ice Cream Sandwich Android Phone Has a Killer 720p Screen (Updated)
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I hope the build quality has improved, as I had an Samsung Nexus S and it was terrible!
    this is exactly what i was about to post, ice cream sandwich gets some webos UI style, at least some:
    Lockscreen (but nice one with direct camera launching)
    Permanent search bar

http://stiri-telefoane.mobilissimo.r...oro_11172.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Are you kidding me? Device looks nothing like webos device. And new android looks nothing like webos either.
    jetsetter883 and nemo like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post
    I hope the build quality has improved, as I had an Samsung Nexus S and it was terrible!
    Im sure its better that any webos device build quality.
    “Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall. We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced.”
    Samsung and Google postpone Ice Cream Sandwich and Galaxy Nexus -- Engadget

Apple "only" with iphone 4s , Google/Samsung postponing Galaxy Nexus - oh HP screw you

-
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    this is exactly what i was about to post, ice cream sandwich gets some webos UI style, at least some:
    Lockscreen (but nice one with direct camera launching)
    Permanent search bar
    The search bar is not permanent. It is just a widget that you can remove, or move to a different location.

Also, most all of these UI elements have more in common with Honecomb than webos. Although it can be argued that Honeycomb cribbed a few webos elements months back (not that I see that as a bad thing.)

-Suntan
    some reason if there's new stuffs come out on the market, webOS fans always think some how they copied webOS. Well, webOS is dead now, maybe it's good thing if other os copy the webOS features. However, i still don't see new Galaxy Nexus looks like webOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by markm2179 View Post
    Is it just me or the Samsung Galaxy Nexus looks like it is a webOS device? It reminds me of the Touchpad, Pre 3 and of course that slate rumor pic we saw before.
    It looks like Honeycomb on a phone. Which is pretty much what they have been saying ICS would look like since honeycomb was released.

As for the phone itself, it looks a lot like a lot of the other phones out there (minus the dedicated buttons.) Look at the Nexus S head on and the shape is pretty much the same.

-Suntan
    I am sorry, I don't think this looks like a webOS phone. It looks like an Android phone from Samsung.... which, oddly enough, is exactly what it is....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    k4ever and ArchonAdvisors like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    some reason if there's new stuffs come out on the market, webOS fans always think some how they copied webOS. Well, webOS is dead now, maybe it's good thing if other os copy the webOS features. However, i still don't see new Galaxy Nexus looks like webOS device.
    It doesn't look like ICS copied webOS. I think webOS looks better. I do like the menu transitions in ICS, but I didn't like the widget menu or the launcher bar. I think Gingerbread looks better than ICS. However, the video was a little grainy so I will wait until I see it in person.
    Mathias Duarte is now at Google. If it looks similar and that is a big if as i believe it looks more like honeycomb, it will be because both are being built by the same guy.

I am really curious to see what Mathias brings to android. It is hightime android gets a consistent user intrface/experience.
    Well Matias Duarte is there at Google now...
    Hers a nice LiL YouTube vid. YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Although the skin is more square like and less elegant, the reality is there are many functional facets of ICS that appear to be modified more mature features from webOS.

- unlock screen
    - swipe to delete
    - multitasking (snapshots with flick to close)
    - launcher/folder icon moving
    - synergy like contact connections
    - Touch-to-share (Android Beam)

While I'm not yet sold, it's slightly depleted my fanatical love for webOS.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    ohiomoto likes this.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    so not impressed by Ice Cream Sandwich...how's that face recognition workin out for ya?
    I am sold my next device is going to be ice probably Google galaxy nexus if it comes to sprint.
    It's definitely got some webOS DNA brought over from Matias.

If you watched the live webcast remember Matias said this is just a first step. So I expect Android to become more webOSy in the future.
    ohiomoto likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Although the skin is more square like and less elegant, the reality is there are many functional facets of ICS that appear to be modified more mature features from webOS.

- unlock screen
    - swipe to delete
    - multitasking (snapshots with flick to close)
    - launcher/folder icon moving
    - synergy like contact connections
    - Touch-to-share (Android Beam)

While I'm not yet sold, it's slightly depleted my fanatical love for webOS.
    Just finished watching the live event on youtube and was wondering if Google purchased WebOS.
    brum, Vij and ohiomoto like this.
    If only he brought some common sense. Gmail and Email still separate apps, messaging seems to still only include texting (Google talk is separate), People only includes Google+...

I don't mind people stealing from webOS, because when I need to get another phone, I want it to work as well as webOS does for me... but someone needs to steal Synergy already.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast