Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53
Like Tree23Likes
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    If you don't like apps open, then swipe to close it.. same with Android can do without widget right?
    I like having apps open, just not visible and cluttering up the screen. That was my point.

    -Suntan
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I like having apps open, just not visible and cluttering up the screen. That was my point.

    -Suntan
    Then your preference far from WebOS area.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Sort of like trucks! LOL

    Actually, I've had a chance to pocket a few of these BIG phones and was surprised that they didn't bother me at all. My wife's phone is so thin that I noticed it in my pocket less than my Pre Plus. The Galaxy Nexus might have gone to far, but I will say that once I get a 4"+ screen on a phone I'll have no use for my Touchpad. I'll use my phone for most things and grab the laptop if I need to do more. So I'll take the largest screen I can comfortably hide in my pocket.
    Then you surely a big guy

    I ever tried to put Droid X2 inside my side pocket on my pants... And you know...I look myself at mirror, and the size of Droid X2 in my side pocket really noticeable from outside.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Then your preference far from WebOS area.
    Not really. A lot of people on these boards claim that they close apps when they aren't immeadiately using them because they don't like the clutter of a bunch of cards on the screen.

    The downside to this is that you then have to wait for them to load completely the next time you want to use them. It can make the overall usage of the phone feel sluggish and can reduce battery life. Two things that have always been marks against webOS phones.

    -Suntan
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Then you surely a big guy

    I ever tried to put Droid X2 inside my side pocket on my pants... And you know...I look myself at mirror, and the size of Droid X2 in my side pocket really noticeable from outside.
    Well, I am 6'3" tall and I didn't go to the mirror and maybe "hide" isn't word I was looking for. And I never realized how deep my pockets were. Now if I could just find a way to fill them with money. LOL

    Actually, the only ones I've been able to put in my pocket without risk of being arrested were the Samsung Fascinate and the HTC EVO. Both were surprisingly comfortable. I do believe the Droid X2 is similar in size, but isn't that the one with the big bulge by the camera?

    Edit: Just found the Fascinate specs on the Samsung site: Size: 4.18” x 2.5” x 0.39” , but Verizon has it listed it at 4.9". If it's really just over 4" then a 5"+ phone will probably be too big for me.
    Last edited by ohiomoto; 10/25/2011 at 04:07 PM.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Edit: Just found the Fascinate specs on the Samsung site: Size: 4.18 x 2.5 x 0.39 , but Verizon has it listed it at 4.9". If it's really just over 4" then a 5"+ phone will probably be too big for me.
    FWIW, the Galaxy Nexus is an inch longer, 1/8 inch wider and half as thick as the Pre 3.

    If a much slimmer phone that is an inch longer is a deal breaker, then the newest Nexus isn't ideal. Fortunately, android offers phones of all sizes to give people choices.

    -Suntan
  7. #47  
    You are right, the Pre is just under 4" and the Fascinate is about an inch taller, but much thinner. I found that size acceptable because it's so thin. So the extra size of something like the Fascinate is NOT a deal breaker foe me.

    But the Galaxy Nexus is actually larger than the Fascinate so I'm not sure if it's gone to far for me or not. I will say that a year ago there was no way in hell I would have considered a phone larger than the Pre, but after using a couple that changed.

    Thought about a Pre 3 as well, but the VZ versions are too expensive on eBay...
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Then you surely a big guy

    I ever tried to put Droid X2 inside my side pocket on my pants... And you know...I look myself at mirror, and the size of Droid X2 in my side pocket really noticeable from outside.
    Girls dig that!
  9. #49  
    The latest Nexus looks very nice. If I'm forced to stay on Android, that will be my next device.

    -I would still prefer webOS
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    I will say that a year ago there was no way in hell I would have considered a phone larger than the Pre, but after using a couple that changed.
    16 months with my Evo, and I would never consider a smaller phone You get used to it after a bit, and smaller phones feel weird in the hand, almost fragile ... probably because the Evo is built like a tank. The new big phones are going slim though, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm into that.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Not really. A lot of people on these boards claim that they close apps when they aren't immeadiately using them because they don't like the clutter of a bunch of cards on the screen.

    The downside to this is that you then have to wait for them to load completely the next time you want to use them. It can make the overall usage of the phone feel sluggish and can reduce battery life. Two things that have always been marks against webOS phones.

    -Suntan
    But, if the apps are open the cards are "cluttering your screen". I don't get it...
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    But, if the apps are open the cards are "cluttering your screen". I don't get it...
    As I said initially using Google maps as an example, with my pre+ I had to wait over a minute for it just to load (it never got an accurate lock) before I could see the map. With android it is loaded/frozen in memory but not cluttering the screen. When I want to see a map, I click it and it loads instantly and shows an accurate lock from the get go.

    -Suntan
  13. spartca's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I am sold my next device is going to be ice probably Google galaxy nexus if it comes to sprint.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus to launch on Sprint
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions