1.    #1  
    I don't remember the name of the product, but it was an HP device and it looked to be some sort of desktop hybrid type of thing.

Let me be clear - This was not an ad I saw online or on YouTube. This was a full-on tv spot for a real product I saw while watching network tv in the middle of the day this past Saturday.

I couldn't beleive my eyes or ears! I thought HP had axed ALL hardware execution related to WebOS.

The tv spot showed a person swiping right-to-left on the computer monitor through cards and performing all sorts of other WebOS functions - on a desktop. And they gave the name of the product, but for the life of me I can't recall what it was.

Did anybody else catch that spot?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I didn't see it but I would guess that it is the newest HP Touchsmart PC. It runs Windows 7 with customized apps and touch interface.
  3.    #3  
    Touchsmart! That's what it was.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Touchsmart! That's what it was.
    Which has nothing to do with webOS AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Which has nothing to do with webOS AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

Shouldn't that be AFAIC?

But, you're absolutely right. Unless, that is, HP just used proprietary WebOS code to produce all those wonderful gestures and whatnot for their TouchSmart.

If that is the case, then it has a lot to do with WebOS - or, at least it used to.
    I saw the exact commercail you are talking about to. It does not include any kind of webOS environment or inspiration. Anything that was there was already there in the TouchSmart.... moving on.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  7.    #7  
    my bad. I wasn't even aware that this product existed prior to HP's acquisition of WebOS.