Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
    Global Posts
    469 Global Posts
    I find it rather annoying that I have not been able to find a way so far to easily transfer files between the Pre 3 and Touchpad. Has anyone managed to find a way, and if you did, how?

thanks
    Palm Zire 31 > some old fashioned phones > iPhone 3G > HTC Desire > Blackberry > iPhone 4 > HP Pre 3 & HP Touchpad 16gb
    I had a similar issue trying to wirelessly share files between the TP and my Nexus S today. Gemini might be the solution. See this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...fer-no-pc.html
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Haven't needed to... but what about Dropbox or Box.net?
    I have something in-the-works for Internalz HD, however it wouldn't be for my 1.0 release and unfortunately would initially have several restrictions; mainly TouchPad-to-Pre3 transfer only (and not the reverse).
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    biranty likes this.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I would love a file sharing app for transfer between my veer, pre3, and touchpad! and I would be happy to donate as well. = )
    Quote Originally Posted by zech_01 View Post
    i would love a file sharing app for transfer between my veer, pre3, and touchpad! And i would be happy to donate as well. = )

me too!!! :d
    PALM zire71, Palm T|X+ IR Keyboard, Palm Pre Plus+touchstone, HPalm Pre3, HPalm Touchpad+keyboard+case+touchstone
    has anyone tried wifi media sync to keep two devices in sync with the same files? I don't know if it would work, but that was my first thought.
    jason your work is about a TTS file transfer???
    can you tell us if TTS could do such thing.
    i think like other user that TTS is a great feature but also very limited.
    i want to known if tecnically posible or if is for hp restriction.
    thanks
    jason your work is about a TTS file transfer???
    can you tell us if TTS could do such thing.
    i think like other user that TTS is a great feature but also very limited.
    i want to known if tecnically posible or if is for hp restriction.
    thanks
    Even if tts doesn't natively work, you could use it to pass an address of a dropbox location, and the sending/receiving apps could use that as an intermediate stage. Just an idea.

Baldric

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    it's a easy solution if you are in home with wifi.
    but if you are outside and haven't a good data plan like me!
    tablets and smartphone are too much internet dependent.
    same problem as palm pre, veer, pre2: no bluetooth file transfer in a 300$ smartphone.
    imo it's one of the more asked feature for webos.
    thanks baldric.
    i'll use your tip.