1.    #1  
    Hi all,

If Amazon buys webOS do you think Ruby will leave HP and got to Amazon?

Since were all guessing as to who will wind up owning webOS and Palm's patents....I would like everyone's opinion of what happens to Ruby....if webOS is snapped up by Amazon....after all Ruby already holds a seat on Amazon's BOD.

Do you think he will stay with what ever HP does with the computer division?

OR

Do you think he'll go to work for Amazon?

Or any other choice...

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

If Amazon buys webOS do you think Ruby will leave HP and got to Amazon?

Since were all guessing as to who will wind up owning webOS and Palm's patents....I would like everyone's opinion of what happens to Ruby....if webOS is snapped up by Amazon....after all Ruby already holds a seat on Amazon's BOD.

Do you think he will stay with what ever HP does with the computer division?

OR

Do you think he'll go to work for Amazon?

Or any other choice...

Take care,

Jay
    I'd say: All or nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    I'd say: All or nothing...
    Amazon will not buy webos.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Why would they want him?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
    Since we are asking hypothetical questions how about this one:

If Amazon buys webOS and Ruby goes with it and runs it into the ground like he did at Palm and HP, does he follow it to Facebook when they buy it from Amazon to run it into the ground again, and does he follow it from Facebook to ??????
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by residentcomedian View Post
    Not only that, but why pay him millions and millions of dollars to run it into the ground, when any of us could do it for a measly 40k?
    I would ask at least 50K to run it into the ground, maybe 60K.
    webOS needs to be rebooted by the right corporation. Competition is good for everyone, not just for iOS and Android.
    Geez.

WebOS was HIS idea, folks, cut the man some slack - he may not have been the most effective CEO for Palm, but, give credit where credit is due.

I don't know if he will want to go anywhere else.. I think he's more than wealthy enough from his Apple days to pretty much pick and choose his next adventure in life; having said that, Amazon has him on their BOD for some reason(s).
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    WebOS was HIS idea
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong on this, but nobody except the Palm employees would know for sure. From the tidbits I've read about it, I'm under the impression that webOS was a skunkworks project by a few employees that already existed by the time Rubenstein was brought on board.
    Amazon already has him. He is a member of Amazon's Board of Directors. Been a member for a while.