Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The optimist in me is still hoping for a WebOS based Amazon tablet tomorrow.

I know there's one reporter that claims to have seen an Android based Amazon tablet, but who knows, it could be just well-placed FUD.

Chances are slim, but we'll see what Amazon announces.

At least I'll have a chance to buy a $99 dollar HP employee Touchpad tomorrow.
    The top- and searchbar looks a bit familiar:
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had to do a double-take on that one as well. The search bar looks exactly like the Just Type bar on my Touchpad (except the magnifying glass is flipped).

However, I'm guessing it's only coincidence since there are probably only a few ways you can draw up a search bar.
    Don't lose faith, ronshosti. There's going to be a 10" Kindle tablet next year and I'm sure that will be the secret webOS based Amazon tablet.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    The latest round of rumors around Amazon buying WebOS sound promising. We'll see if anything pans out.

If the rumors turn out to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be some cross-licensing/purchasing agreement where HP provides the cloud services HW and Amazon gets webOS.