Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Well by definition, a really well known command set doesn’t need to be intuitive.

    -Suntan
    True.. So since WebOS operates different from this well known command set, that is held against it when it comes to how intuitive it is... Makes sense...

    I'll tell you this though almost every person that I've ran into with a WebOS phone didn't have advanced gestures turned on. Not because they didn't want it, but because they never knew it was there. Its one of the reasons having a gesture area is so nice.

    So yeah WebOS hasn't gone as far in 2 years as other OS' have, but its kinda funny they all have been picking things here and there. Gravitating to some of the concepts we've been used to for a few years now..

    jm2˘,
    o_O
    Last edited by Stevesrjr86; 09/28/2011 at 12:07 PM.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    True.. So since WebOS operates different from this well known command set, that is held against it when it comes to how intuitive it is... Makes sense...
    Pretty much. This isn't 5th grade, where every child is supposed to win even when they do things their own way. Sometimes the market sees something different as just that, different. Quite honestly, "different" isn't something most people go looking for. Most people aren't out to "be original" with something as mundan as the operation of their phone. If anything, they'd rather be original with the *background picture* on the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I'll tell you this though almost every person that I've ran into with a WebOS phone didn't have advanced gestures turned on. Not because they didn't want it, but because they never knew it was there. Its one of the reasons having a gesture area is so nice.

    So yeah WebOS hasn't gone as far in 2 years as other OS' have, but its kinda funny they all have been picking things here and there. Gravitating to some of the concepts we've been used to for a few years now..

    jm2˘,
    o_O
    I agree. I think android has gotten better over the last couple years in large part because of things they have copied from other makers, including webos. I don't fault them for that, as once again, this isn't 5th grade.

    One comment I will say about advanced gestures. I have a couple of gestures (you could call them advanced if you want as they are not part of the stock OS) setup on the android phone I use. They actually offer functionality that I find useful and I would have liked to have had them on my old pre+.

    Anyway, people can keep clamoring that webos was and still is the best. Or they could just move on, deal with the fact that it is on its way out, and start looking at all their options with an open mind.

    -Suntan
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    If anything, they'd rather be original with the *background picture* on the phone.
    I find this pretty ironic considering that one of the OS' everyone praises didn't allow that very feature for a long time..

    Oh I already know where I'll be going when I'm done with this. Windows has my vote, I'm going to ride it out with my frankenpre 2 as long as I can though.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I find this pretty ironic considering that one of the OS' everyone praises didn't allow that very feature for a long time..

    Oh I already know where I'll be going when I'm done with this. Windows has my vote, I'm going to ride it out with my frankenpre 2 as long as I can though.
    I looked at wp7, it runs slick. At the time though, VZW only had one phone and it wasn't very appealing. The bigger issue for me though is the words intentionally trailing off the side of the screen. That would be something I wouldn't be able to get used to.

    -Suntan
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    I looked at wp7, it runs slick. At the time though, VZW only had one phone and it wasn't very appealing. The bigger issue for me though is the words intentionally trailing off the side of the screen. That would be something I wouldn't be able to get used to.

    -Suntan
    Almost the same interface on my ZuneHD aside from a few things. The words trailing off the screen isn't as bad as you'd think. You get used to it rather quickly. From pictures it does look like it could be bothersome, but in actual use not so much.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions