1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI....see link.

Take care,

jay

HP to Optimize WebOS as CEO Attempts Turnaround

BY SANDY FITZGERALD | MON SEP 26, 2011 12:21 PM

HP to Optimize WebOS as CEO Attempts Turnaround - Mobiledia

HP's newly-hired CEO Meg Whitman said the company will continue to optimize WebOS, a sign it isn't giving up on the beleagured platform as it works toward reversing its fortunes.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Interesting how you find these interesting articles and I have no clue what HP is doing...actually I don't think they know either! Sorli...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Interesting how you find these interesting articles and I have no clue what HP is doing...actually I don't think they know either! Sorli...
    Hi all,

I'd like to modify what you saod by saying I'M sure HP DOESN'T know what their doing!.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Just feeding consumers BS so the consumers don't abandon HP hardware before they can fail as a business services provider.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    She never said that HP would optimize webOS.

She said that HP would optimize the value of webOS --- which could mean many things, including we are cutting 500 employees to make it more valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    She never said that HP would optimize webOS.

She said that HP would optimize the value of webOS --- which could mean many things, including we are cutting 500 employees to make it more valuable.
    Exactly!!

Even better, the quote is "we continue to explore options to optimize the value of webOS software". First, the word "continue" -- meaning that they are just carrying on with what they previously have been doing (cutting hardware, laying people off, etc.). Second, the word "explore" -- meaning they haven't made any hard and fast decisions on selling, licensing, keeping it just for printers and toasters. Third, as already pointed out, the word "value" -- not optimizing the actually OS, optimizing its value which could range from cutting staff, to licensing/selling, bringing in a hardware company to make devices, etc.
    kkhanmd likes this.
    What good does optimizing webOS do if there aren't any new devices for it?
  8.    #8  
    Hi all,

Can all of you PLEASE Relax, take a deep breath and see what happens before you all get bent out of shape???

Thanks & take care,

Jay
    they can optimise it all they want, pretty pointless without a hardware line to support it, still just lip service in the hope they can sell/profit from it 1 day.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Can all of you PLEASE Relax, take a deep breath and see what happens before you all get bent out of shape???

Thanks & take care,

Jay
    Hi all,

Please take my advise....just relax....it isn't as if your life will end even if they drop webOS altogether...I WANT webOS TO CONTINUE however......in the last 2 1/2 years I was told "don't expect your Mom to survive the night"...yet she's here still alive and kicking & I've been her sole caregiver.....loosing a parent that's a REAL problem....but getting upset BEFORE we even know IF the are going to sell webOS, license it, drop it...we don't know and a few weeks or months won't kill any of us! So Please people JUST CHILL OUT!

Take care,

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Please take my advise....just relax....it isn't as if your life will end even if they drop webOS altogether...I WANT webOS TO CONTINUE however.......... So Please people JUST CHILL OUT!

Take care,

Jay
    You know I'm a large "Dessert" fan and a webOS fan too, but the posters here have a valid point of view. Talk is cheap, they need to back up their words with actions. Don't think anyone here is too upset, more just disappointed at seeing HP fritter away opportunity after opportunity.

Even after pulling the ripcord way too soon on the Touchpad and webOS, and stumbling into some buzz about their product, they still haven't made a move. By the time they do, the tablet landscape will change again (Amazon, iPad3, and numerous Android offerings).

They have already shown a lack of commitment to the fighting for their product. What happens when they dig a hole so deep, it will take 1 billion to dig out of it rather than 300- 400 million?

Hang in there guy.

C
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    What good does optimizing webOS do if there aren't any new devices for it?
    there are always printers. God knows I need a great multitasking operating system for my printer that can't even cancel a print job efficiently.
    someone please get Jay a webos device already!!! He's still on his centro...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    someone please get Jay a webos device already!!! He's still on his centro...
    Hi ahahah at least I'm not using 2 tin cans and string, LOL...I just ordered a Samsung Epic 4g I'm going to the dark side! take care, jay