Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I used an HTC Evo Shift 4G on Sprint for almost a month. I had always planned for it to be temporary, to test out the phone so I could help my son with his and possibly hack it to work with a Touchstone. For a little while, it seemed like it might win me over completely. I gave myself time to get used to how Android does things.

Today I switched back to my Pre 2, and it was a relief. I love how it feels in my hand. I love the keyboard. I love webOS notifications, multitasking, and exhibition mode. I love gestures. I love my in-car Touchstone.

The Shift was a little too heavy for my car Touchstone. I could have replaced the metal disks with magnets to make it work, and I still might fool around with getting all of that working some day. I liked the selection of Android apps, though some of them would crash the phone and had to be removed. I also had to remove the moving backgrounds and some widgets because they really slowed things down. The battery life also made my Pre 2 look good.

One time I was about to head off somewhere with the Shift. I pulled up Navigation and told it where I wanted to go. Then I finished getting ready, got in the car, started Pandora, went back to Navigation... and it had exited and had to start over. Grrr.

I am keeping the Shift as a wifi only device for now. The killer app for me is Ankidroid, as I use Anki for learning Japanese characters, and Ankidroid will start bugging you if you forget to study for too long. I would love Anki for webOS.

Next I want to save up for a Touchpad.
    welcome back
    welcome back. I bought a backup pre2 so I can stay with webos as long as possible. Can't imagine life without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashi View Post
    I used an HTC Evo Shift 4G on Sprint for almost a month. I had always planned for it to be temporary, to test out the phone so I could help my son with his and possibly hack it to work with a Touchstone. For a little while, it seemed like it might win me over completely. I gave myself time to get used to how Android does things.

Today I switched back to my Pre 2, and it was a relief. I love how it feels in my hand. I love the keyboard. I love webOS notifications, multitasking, and exhibition mode. I love gestures. I love my in-car Touchstone.

The Shift was a little too heavy for my car Touchstone. I could have replaced the metal disks with magnets to make it work, and I still might fool around with getting all of that working some day. I liked the selection of Android apps, though some of them would crash the phone and had to be removed. I also had to remove the moving backgrounds and some widgets because they really slowed things down. The battery life also made my Pre 2 look good.

One time I was about to head off somewhere with the Shift. I pulled up Navigation and told it where I wanted to go. Then I finished getting ready, got in the car, started Pandora, went back to Navigation... and it had exited and had to start over. Grrr.

I am keeping the Shift as a wifi only device for now. The killer app for me is Ankidroid, as I use Anki for learning Japanese characters, and Ankidroid will start bugging you if you forget to study for too long. I would love Anki for webOS.

Next I want to save up for a Touchpad.
    Nexus or nothing (for the most part).

I have the Shift and 2.3 really messed up the phone for everyone (though I'm rooted with a different ROM so I don't have those slowdown problems). Sense is really a battery drain and resource hog. One thing I feel Google should mandate is the option for users to go Vanilla instead of being forced to use the manufacturers skin.

Remember everyone DO NOT USE TASK KILLERS!