1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I have no info that this will happen, I just wanted to start a conversation to see how all of you feel about the following:

1. Would it pay for HP to buy a stake in Possibly Samsung or HTC, in order for them to make webOS devices and have apps written for webOS?

2. Or would it pay for HP to continue the fire sale with a different twist, that is just outright sell of webOS possibly to HTC or Samsung and take a huge loss on it.....if the price is right either of them might be interested...after all who ever thought that TouchPads would be sold for 1/5th or 1/6th of their retail value....in effect HP washes it's hands and dumps webOS for what ever it can get....

Personally I think that either of these are the only way this plays out...I think HP will not follow Mark Hurd's brilliant idea of having webOS be a common thread thru out HP products as well as other products.

Unless:

3. HP sells itself or is taken over by Oracle and ends the mess of HP one and for all...

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I want a deep pocket group of investors to buy it, bring back the palm name and make great phones. While recognizing that they can't be apple tomorrow.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I want a deep pocket group of investors to buy it, bring back the palm name and make great phones. While recognizing that they can't be apple tomorrow.
    Hi, LOL, fine with me, however can I pay my portion of the buyout with pocket change. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group