Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I haven't seen anything on re-arranging the layout in the symbols table for any of the webOS versions, which is why I had to create a new thread.

I am a Swedish HP Pre 3 user and the input method for the accented letters , is terrible. Currently it seems like I have to press and hold the 'sym' button and press A (or O) while doing so. Then I have to find the desired accented character.

What I would like to do is put the characters , , , , , at the top of the standard symbol table so that I can input them during one-handed use. If this doable then all I would have to do is press 'sym' and the characters would be right at the top. Re-arranging the table could be useful for other languages as well.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Sure; I have such setup for my language (unfortunately, I have no details handy atm, but will search for them later this evening). I think that there is also patch doing symbol rearrangement for Finnish, maybe you can find some interesting info there.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Sorry, I had no time to respond until now. Full symbol table on Pre3 (I have no such beast, so this experience is based on emulator) can be found at /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/submissions/112/resources/alternatechars_fulltable.json (warning: contrary to many system files, this one seems to use WinDOS style line endings). This is pretty simple text file; I have prepared its version with your favourite characters on top that can be downloaded from hxxp://lemur.hg.pl/alternatechars_fulltable.json (change hxxp to http -- I'm not allowed to post links yet) -- works on emulated Pre3, at least in system apps (memos, email,...). Solution seems mojo specific, but I know next to nothing about enyo apps :/