1.    #1  
    Really, am I the only one who cringes when people refer to webOS stuff as their iOS or droid counterparts?

Examples:

"market" or "app market" or even "store"
    "sideloading" ... Just what the hell does that mean??
    "rooting" or "jailbreaking"

Or am I being too picky about the subject?

By the way, welcome to all the newcomers :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Really, am I the only one who cringes when people refer to webOS stuff as their iOS or droid counterparts?

Examples:

"market" or "app market" or even "store"
    "sideloading" ... Just what the hell does that mean??
    "rooting" or "jailbreaking"

Or am I being too picky about the subject?

By the way, welcome to all the newcomers :-)

Yes it's just you,

Actually I'm a newbie to this and I've noticed this but still learning so doesn't bug me as much as perhaps some veterans.

Ahh, thought I recognized the name. your subnet calculator was one of the first HP apps I downloaded and PhotoFun I think was the first I bought.

Just got an update of PhotoFun actually although I haven't checked to see what was changed. I used the monkey frame to create a background with my daughter's face that she is still using amazingly. I thought she'd ditch it about 10 mins after she saw it but not yet. Can I just add a background in there? Will the app pick it up? I meant to look at this and see. "Out of the box" so to speak, I don't see how to just take an existing photo and add funny stuff to it without using one of the frames. So I figured I might be able to find the background folder and just put in a fully transparent png or gif, whatever the format is. I haven't reviewed it yet, haven't had a lot of time to look at it yet and don't want to post a knee-jerk review with nick picky stuff in it.

Anyway, thanks for the cool apps.
  3.    #3  
    Yes it's just you,

Actually I'm a newbie to this and I've noticed this but still learning so doesn't bug me as much as perhaps some veterans.

Ahh, thought I recognized the name. your subnet calculator was one of the first HP apps I downloaded and PhotoFun I think was the first I bought.

Just got an update of PhotoFun actually although I haven't checked to see what was changed. I used the monkey frame to create a background with my daughter's face that she is still using amazingly. I thought she'd ditch it about 10 mins after she saw it but not yet. Can I just add a background in there? Will the app pick it up? I meant to look at this and see. "Out of the box" so to speak, I don't see how to just take an existing photo and add funny stuff to it without using one of the frames. So I figured I might be able to find the background folder and just put in a fully transparent png or gif, whatever the format is. I haven't reviewed it yet, haven't had a lot of time to look at it yet and don't want to post a knee-jerk review with nick picky stuff in it.

Anyway, thanks for the cool apps.
    Hey, thanks for the opinions

Originally photofun was not intended to have the camera function, and I forgot to add the transparent background.

If you want, you could add the transparent png and add its filename to the .json file that's inside the application folder, under images/frames. I'll add it in the next update.

The only change was a layer order issue: In the preview/edit window, you have the photo at the bottom, the frame next and the items on top of everything. But in 1.0.1 the exported image had the photo, then the items, and the frame on top. I just made it consistent.

I like your idea of "importing" frames, and I'll steal it for another version, with a selection window for importing the frames you like, besides the downloadable ones (which will come in an update as well).

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    It doesn't bother me when people ask if my TouchPad is "one of those iPad things".

Apple has done a fantastic job of marketing and 'iPad' is for better or worse the category defining device. So anything that remotely resembles an iPad IS an iPad to the uninitiated.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    I hate saying "root" or "jailbreak" I have to say it like that, but Preware is so awesome it is hard to explain!
    Eventually all the phrases will merge as we become more used to using this type of product. Just like all tissue's are Kleenex's.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    ceveret3: Just tell them that webOS devices are not locked down, or in jail, and are open for patches and homebrew applications right out of the box with just a developer mode password. You can then follow up by saying that only insecure device manufacturers are AFRAID that a customer might want full control over a device sold to them.