View Poll Results: Where will HPQ end tomorrow?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • 46-50 per share

    0 0%
  • 41-45 per share

    0 0%
  • 36-40 per share

    0 0%
  • 31-35 per share

    0 0%
  • 26-30 per share

    2 10.53%
  • 21-25 per share

    4 21.05%
  • 16-20 per share

    5 26.32%
  • 11-15 per share

    1 5.26%
  • 00-10 per share

    0 0%
  • Who cares I quit.

    7 36.84%
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By erykah
  • 1 Post By Soorma
  • 1 Post By BobKy
  1.    #1  
    I hope it crashes and burns so that they can over throw the BOD.
  2. #2  
    it will tank along with the rest of the market.
  3.    #3  
    I am sadder today than I was yesterday and that is hard to imagine.
  4. erykah's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #4  
    sorry titan... I feel your pain...
    Titan078 likes this.
  5. #5  
    I'm pretty sure this is NOT what the stockholders wanted. Meg forgot to add soothing words like "reverse", "the", "last", "decision"
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Titan078 likes this.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    I hope it crashes and burns so that they can over throw the BOD.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  7.    #7  
    Latest Updates
    08:44
    ET
    Hewlett-Packard makes fresh multi-year low, support is at $21.58
    08:44 EDT Hewlett-Packard makes fresh multi-year low, support is at $21.58
    08:30
    ET
    Hewlett-Packard price target lowered to $24 from $30 at Goldman
    Shares remain Neutral rated.
    08:25
    ET
    Hewlett-Packard price target lowered to $25 from $30 at RW Baird
    Baird lowered its price target on Hewlett-Packard following the appointment of Meg Whitman as its new CEO. The firm cited the company's Q4 revenue outlook, macroeconomic challenges, and reservations about Whitman's lack of experience in the enterprise business. Shares are Neutral rated.
    08:03
    ET
    Hewlett-Packard must execute with new CEO, says Brean Murray
    Brean Murray said they were initially underwhelmed with the choice of Meg Whitman as the new CEO of Hewlett-Packard due to her lack of experience with the enterprise or hardware sector. The firm however noted genuine enthusiasm from company employees citing her previous accomplishments as a CEO, her ability to communicate, and the board's agreement that she is the best candidate for the job. Shares remain Hold rated.
    07:59
    ET
    Hewlett-Packard key executives may leave company, says RBC Capital
    After HP hired Meg Whitman as its new CEO, RBC Capital sees increased risk of key HP executives leaving the company. The firm thinks the company has many other issues to deal with, and it maintains a Sector Perform rating.
    07:32
    ET
    Hewlett-Packard likely to keep PC business, says Wells Fargo
    Wells Fargo believes that Hewlett-Packard will decide to retain its PC business, as the unit is profitable and drives sales synergies. However, the firm doesn't think the company's software strategy is credible and it maintains a Perform rating on the shares.
    06:51
    ET
    Stocks with implied volatility below IV index mean; CSCO HPQ
    Stocks with implied volatility below IV index mean: Cisco (CSCO), Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) according to iVolatility.
    06:35
    ET
    Hewlett-Packard questioned over Whitman hiring, WSJ reports
    As Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) fired CEO Leo Apotheker and named former eBay (EBAY) CEO and HP board member Meg Whitman to replace him, questions remain about the company's strategy and the hiring of Whitman without a formal search, reports the Wall Street Journal.

    burn baby burn.....
  8. #8  
    It will get even lower given the fact that Meg comes from a merely consumer market and HP was heading towards the enterprise one.
    Very poor decisions. And when you thought that they couldn't do
  9. #9  
    Today: It will close at a 3 year low.

    That will begin the exit of some major institutional investors, who, like us, see "business as usual" with MW as the CEO with no stated intent to change the recent policies that sent the price lower, only, NOW, HP is reinforcing those same actions.. so, they will be looking for the "Exit" sign, whenver they can get it.

    They had a golden opportunity yesterday to change the direction of the stock by announcing a reversal of their decisions. The stock price would have stagnated, and as they perform, it would have gradually improved, but, this is the blind following the self serving, and the Street isnt going to buy it any more, IMO.

    Saving the BOD's "face" should never have been thier primary concern with this appointment, but, apparently it was, as they appointed one of their very own.'

    Sigh.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Today: It will close at a 3 year low.

    That will begin the exit of some major institutional investors, who, like us, see "business as usual" with MW as the CEO with no stated intent to change the recent policies that sent the price lower, only, NOW, HP is reinforcing those same actions.. so, they will be looking for the "Exit" sign, whenver they can get it.

    They had a golden opportunity yesterday to change the direction of the stock by announcing a reversal of their decisions. The stock price would have stagnated, and as they perform, it would have gradually improved, but, this is the blind following the self serving, and the Street isnt going to buy it any more, IMO.

    Saving the BOD's "face" should never have been thier primary concern with this appointment, but, apparently it was, as they appointed one of their very own.'

    Sigh.
    She came on the same time as Leo and helped him make the decisions.... I do not see how they thought this was going to go over well.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    She came on the same time as Leo and helped him make the decisions.... I do not see how they thought this was going to go over well.
    Actually, he appointed her a few months after he first started, among 4 other BOD seats, but, your thoughts are logical, for sure.

    Their way of doing this was appointing one of their own (she was a part of the policy changing moves, and has as much to lose by reversing them as the rest of the BOD, now), and saying that LA didnt perform in communication and earnings performance, hence the replacement, in hopes that it would placate the Wall Street critics and steady the stock price.

    It obviously isnt working - just head over to Yahoo.com finance and type in "HPQ".
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

  12. #12  
    Titan078 likes this.
  13.    #13  
    I guess that is the best they could have hoped for. webOS cries.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions