Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By laoh
  • 1 Post By Mikey47
  1. #2  
    The cap only applies to Sprint's $30/month mobile hotspot data plan, so your unlimited handset data is safe—for now.
    I think most webOS users probably use Freetether (against Sprint's ToS) rather than paying Sprint for the $30 hotspot plan, so they should be unaffected.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  2. #3  
    T-Mobile can detect that you are tethering outside of their plan, and you will receive a text message shortly after trying, urging you to sign up for their legit tethering plan. My gf got this notice when I rooted her myTouch Slide, and soon after the message, she was no longer able to tether for free. We moved her over to Sprint after her contract expired. Not sure if Sprint will go this route, but it would not surprise me.
  3. #4  
    First they create two classes of sprint premier, tack on a $10 smart phone fee, then up the cancellation fee to $350, raise the "administrative" fee snuck in on the bill from under a buck to $5, reduce the phone return period from 30 days to 2 weeks, then they axe premier program altogether, and now the data cap on (paid) mobile hotspot.

    In return, we get iphone 5. Yay.
    Saltcreep likes this.
  4. angiest's Avatar
    Posts
    933 Posts
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    #5  
    I have been dreading the iphone coming to Sprint. It's nothing but poison to people who don't use Apple products.
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    First they create two classes of sprint premier, tack on a $10 smart phone fee, then up the cancellation fee to $350, raise the "administrative" fee snuck in on the bill from under a buck to $5, reduce the phone return period from 30 days to 2 weeks, then they axe premier program altogether, and now the data cap on (paid) mobile hotspot.

    In return, we get iphone 5. Yay.
    Yeah I agree. It's the direction of their momentum that troubles me, not necessarily this particular move..
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltcreep View Post
    Yeah I agree. It's the direction of their momentum that troubles me, not necessarily this particular move..
    It seems strange. In an industry where everyone is capping, you'd think Sprint would take advantage of their unlimited plans to differentiate themselves. Especially with the iPhone on its way...
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I think most webOS users probably use Freetether (against Sprint's ToS) rather than paying Sprint for the $30 hotspot plan, so they should be unaffected.
    Yep, those who steal never have to live within the confines of the rules.
    nappy likes this.
  8. erykah's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #9  
    iphone...monster...
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I have been dreading the iphone coming to Sprint. It's nothing but poison to people who don't use Apple products.
    Indeed. Sprint's trashing a lot of what made me a customer of theirs in the first place just to get the iPhone? I don't feel bad about my impending switch back to AT&T, now. :P
  10. #11  
    Then again, corporate loyalties to begin with are totally pointless. They don't care about you, the customer, for the most part. Amazon is an exception, thankfully.
  11. #12  
    I thought it was just me ..... Longtime pre minus warrior who moved to the evo....had been able, through rooting and custom rom, to use tethering to access internet on my pc for some time now and just figured out last night it was no longer functioning at all...figured it was something I was doing wrong but hearing this makes me think they shut it down somehow.....ratssss

Posting Permissions