Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    has jon spoke out on what hp did to webOS?
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    I was wondering the same the other day, I bet he is extremely regretful about selling out to HP, I wonder who else was interested in Palm at the time.
  3.    #3  
    I wonder what is going through his head
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Hes going to have a hard time finding a job, basically he failed webOS twice even though both times it was kind out of out of his hands.
    John is no longer in the same division as WebOS. That move was made prior to HP cancelling the hw division. He's in a different division of HP.
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    I feel bad for him I wonder if he could have done better as a CEO of Palm or were his hands tied because of their finacial issues.
  7.    #7  
    someone should interview him
    I would want to see Topolsky interview ruby. Let's request the verge.
  9.    #9  
    yes that would b cool
    Jon is retiring. he is rich enough.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Back to the beach in Mexico to sip margaritas.
    ha- I have been wondering this question over the past week.

phil mckinney, dion, rahul sood, bradley, dewitt, a bunch of hp execs including the leo fool and others have all spoken about webos...

not a peep from rubinstein...
    "touch to share", "companies a, b, c, d, and e", "stay tuned", "hp's scale", "synergy" and "true multitasking," "coming soon" etc....these are things that came out of his mouth before. Now, almost 2 months out since hp's massacre, not a stinkin peep.

I'm sure he has a muzzle on him, but who cares. If I was him, I would resign from hp and speak my mind...he must be embarassed, upset over the decision
    hp made, perhaps even second guessing his decision for choosing company "F" for failure over "companies a, b, c, d, and e."

but the way it comes out now, is that he is getting a paycheck from hp for being a "VP" of nothing and a nice CEO cut from the palm to HP sale. He might be out on vacation with his favorite phone the palm pixi...yeah right...leaving the webOS faithful, those that looked to him to be the saviour for palm, out in the cold.

come on Mr. Rubinstein, do the right thing, and speak up.
  13.    #13  
    somebody should tell topolsky to interview him
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I feel bad for him I wonder if he could have done better as a CEO of Palm or were his hands tied because of their finacial issues.
    Palm was absolutely bankrupt. That is one of the main reasons the initial Pre's were riddled with hardware defects, they had to resort to the lowest bidder to build the things. They were literally out of money, and due to the defects, the Pre only performed well enough to save Palm for another year or so.

The Pre was the fastest selling smartphone in Sprint history, and I believe still is. Had they been able to make use of that buzz to carry the platform, this would be a very different smartphone world. Android may have all but withered away. Unfortunately, too many bad hardware reviews flattened the wave Palm was riding.
    does JR have a twitter acct?
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    The Pre was the fastest selling smartphone in Sprint history, and I believe still is. Had they been able to make use of that buzz to carry the platform, this would be a very different smartphone world. Android may have all but withered away. Unfortunately, too many bad hardware reviews flattened the wave Palm was riding.
    Not any more. Evo 4G is the fastest selling Sprint smartphone.

HTC EVO 4G Becomes Fastest Selling Sprint Phone Ever - HotHardware
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Not any more. Evo 4G is the fastest selling Sprint smartphone.

HTC EVO 4G Becomes Fastest Selling Sprint Phone Ever - HotHardware
    Ahh, okay. I stand corrected.

Though I have a nagging feeling that phone only sold well because it was the "first 4G smartphone."
    Every neat new thing has it's day. When I was in the phone business, the Sanyo 8100 was the fastest selling Sprint phone ever -- the first $100 camera phone on Sprint (or at least the first one that wasn't totally horrific)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I wanted to know the same and someone who works at HP told me this:

"he took a step back but after the news he came back to team webOS to help with our path forward"

I too would sure love to see an interview though with him by Josh!
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    Though I have a nagging feeling that phone only sold well because it was the "first 4G smartphone."
    As opposed to the Pre which was the rise and fall of webOS in one device??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast