Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I wanted to know the same and someone who works at HP told me this:

"he took a step back but after the news he came back to team webOS to help with our path forward"
    Is he helping them brush up their resumes?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    HP killed his baby. I can't believe he can just sit back and let it get ripped to shreds like this (here's hoping hes not). It would be a great day if somehow he raised millions of dollars in private equity and bought back Palm from HP. Hell, my old CEO did exactly that when his baby was being run into the ground by its then CEO.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I think he has the know how and im sure alot of support to make this happen, but I doubt HP will ever let go of the patents now.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    it was more wishful thinking than anything... but at least in theory its possible.

also i wonder what possible use could a now enterprise services company have with mobile and pda patents? now i'm sure palm had a large variety of patents, but i really don't think hp has to worry about apple suing them over copying their phone designs anymore (unfortunately).
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    someone should interview him
    As long as he works for HP he's not likely to say anything that would be construed as badmouthing them so i wouldn't expect an interview to yield the fire and brimstone i'm sure people want. It will be company line diplomacy i'd bet. Maybe after he quits or is fired there will be a tell all. But even so considering people rarely are able to take sound critical looks at their own work i'd guess even then his responses may be self serving and intended to deflect blame.

Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    HP killed his baby. I can't believe he can just sit back and let it get ripped to shreds like this (here's hoping hes not). It would be a great day if somehow he raised millions of dollars in private equity and bought back Palm from HP. Hell, my old CEO did exactly that when his baby was being run into the ground by its then CEO.
    He's did play a huge part in their failure and was at the helm when the ship went down twice so he's far from without blame.

As for getting private equity to raise millions to buy back Palm i mean that, as you say, is totally "wishful thinking." One they paid over a billion for it so it's not just millions that would need to be raised it's at least a billion. Second, it was sold because it couldn't function on it's own and one more quarter would have mean bankruptcy so buying them back doesn't do much except spend a billion and still have no cash to operate. Don't forget HP lost 332 million dollars on webos last quarter alone. Plus they forecasted that loss to increase this quarter. So, not only would someone be spending a billion to buy it, they'd be spending $332 minimum just to run it with no profit in sight. So, though i'm sure people would love to think he could get someone to help buy it back, i think the financial reality makes it all but impossible to make the purchase let alone make the purchase and start running the business.

As for what use they have? No clue but i've never thought HP was that smart and i thought they were stupid to even think putting webos in printers would do anything to increase sales of printers. Printers ain't sexy. Nobody cares much about them. Besides, from their earnings breakdown from the imaging division, HP makes much more off of printer supplies then it does printer hardware.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Just ask bono .... Again.. :-P

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12