Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By ModeratorOMD
  • 3 Post By Mac.World
  • 1 Post By mitchell209#WN
  • 1 Post By giggles
  • 1 Post By SmartFah
  1.    #1  
    Have you walked around with you Touchpad? I do. It's great.

Like a laptop-on-the-go. It's amazing. You could use it at home or at work.

You can use it relaxing, you can use it at the beach, you can use it in the car, on a train, on a plane, you can use it while shopping. In fact, I'm typing on it at the Tanger Outlet Mall right now.

If you haven't, try it. Everywhere you go, you'll get so much attention. Every day. I just had a woman stop me an ask. "What is that you're holding?" Leading into a wonderful conversation- I just made a new friend!

Everyone notices.

And the kids especially love it, they always recognize a tablet computer.

What would happen if I went into an Apple store with a Touchpad?
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 09/17/2011 at 01:11 PM.
    SmartFah likes this.
    Really, you walk around with a tablet in search of attention?

As for going into an Apple store with one, I doubt anyone would care.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    ohmytvc15, amilo and dangson like this.
    I see people with tablets all the time. Not sure what would make someone take a special interest in the touchpad.
    yes you will get stoned by everyone at the apple store and then you will have to exchange your touchpad for ipad in order for them to be able to let you out of the store. Even then, I think your release would have to be approved by a district manager first.
  5. rlb
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I may be off base but shouldn't you be at your conference? How are you connecting to the internet?
  6.    #6  
    Yes, this Mall is an outside mall with gazebos and awnings, somehow, the whole place has WiFi, everywhere has WiFi, it's hard to find a place that doesn't.

You don't ask for the attention, you just get it. I'm just here talking to you guys. But I wanted a tablet because it allows you to take a laptop to places where you ordinarily wouldn't be able to take a laptop.

The battery life is the best I've seen.
    Why would anybody care if you had a TouchPad in an Apple store? I'd just walk past you and look at the Apple products.
    dangson likes this.
    I only know two other people with tablets, everyone else has their iPhones and mostly Android phones and Crackberry units. I always get people going "OMG WHAT IS THAT?"
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I think, techies would be intrigued by the brave move. Employees would be baffled. And everyone else will wonder If its a new apple product.
    SmartFah likes this.
    I still get people interested in my Pre minus due to the cards and multitasking.

My Touchpad always has the interest of my clients when I whip it out (the TP, that is). When I tell them it was only $100, they freak out and want to know where to get one. Then, if I start explaining Homebrew, they're toast.
    How about walking up to the Genius Bar and asking them what's wrong with your iPad
    ohmytvc15 likes this.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    How about walking up to the Genius Bar and asking them what's wrong with your iPad
    HAHA!!

It would be awkward though. Just think. An Apple store is not like any other store.

I'm almost certain you would get that one person that goes, "Why are you in here?"

Do you think you'd be able to lead Applers out of there..?

I could go in there and be like, "So why should I buy that instead of this?"
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamOWD View Post
    HAHA!!

It would be awkward though.
    "How to get out of an awkward situation?" I think there's an app for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I think, techies would be intrigued by the brave move. Employees would be baffled. And everyone else will wonder If its a new apple product.
    hahaha yes! ...and that it is "magical"! :-P
    Why would anyone care for fat heavy cheap $100 tablet at the apple store. Just enjoy your tablet while it last.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Or an old Apple product--since it looks just like the 1st iPad.

Actually, I have some Apple products and I go in the Apple Store w/my Pre- all the time. They may be fan boys but they are also fans of tech. When I tested the iPad 2 (I ended up getting the TouchPad instead), I talked extensively w/the employee about the OS and how much I loved webOS on my Pre-. His response?--He knew more about webOS than any Sprint, Best Buy or HP employee I had ever met. It wasn't me showing him stuff; instead, it was an actual, intelligent discussion about the pros & cons of the different OS's.

It was good to work w/a knowledgable, motivated employee who didn't just push his product. I took his card so if I went back I could set up an appointment w/him. How often do you leave a Sprint of Best Buy store feeling like that? I was impressed and don't think it would matter a bit if you brought in your TouchPad.
  17.    #17  
    iPad? Don't you mean iPod? It is and ipod, just..bigger, right? That's what I always thought.

I was talking to an Apple store employee and I asked him why I should get the iPad.

He told me, "I don't really like the iPad." Yet he was holding one.

he swiped his finger across the screen and said, "you see that? that's it."

Well, duh.
    Last edited by DreamOWD; 09/17/2011 at 07:35 PM.