Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 4 Post By Jason Robitaille
    If Facebook does buy webOS, it'll be the reason I drop it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If Facebook does buy webOS, it'll be the reason I drop it.
    +1
    If FB takes over webOS, our TouchPads will fill up with adware, spyware, marketware and who knows what else. FB wants as much marketing information about its users as possible.
    Last edited by jblather; 09/16/2011 at 12:01 AM.

An image more relevant now than ever
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Meh, I'm for it. I would not expect FB to run their potential hardware division exactly the same as they run their website. Those are two completely different businesses with completely different business models, and I don't think the people running FB are idiots.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    wow, you people are cynics.

This guy took a simple "talk to your friends" site and turned it into a multi-billion dollar company in a matter of years. You all talk about how great webOS is and if could only get some real push behind then it'd take off like wildfire. Now here comes this possibility of one of the few companies in the business able to take webOS in such a direction and you scoff at it. Why? Because you enjoy being the guy who is always the first to a party and then the first to leave the party and say how stupid the party is? Trust me, no one likes that guy ... and he never comes off neither as intelligent or witty as he thinks he does.

Facebook is a giant in the business. You want to see market share of webOS rise and iOS drop? See what would happen if Facebook said it's only supporting webOS going forward. A small percentage of savvy people would move on to something else ... the same small percentage that are trying to make Google+ work even though it clearly doesn't do nearly enough to overpower Facebook. But, again, these people want to be the first at the new party ... even if the new party is just a slightly more polished version of the old party. The bulk of the people would move to the phone that would let them use Facebook. That's the truth, plain and simple.

You can sit in your groups of a few friends all lamenting whatever minor details in Facebook you don't because it makes you feel like you're on some "cutting edge of cool" but understand that the company is more wildly successful than anything we've seen since Windows flew onto the scene with Win95.

You want something to save webOS? Well this is probably the best option I've heard thus far. Better than just another hardware manufacturer that can bring nothing more to the table that HP and Palm could bring the first 2 tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by putts View Post
    You want something to save webOS? Well this is probably the best option I've heard thus far. Better than just another hardware manufacturer that can bring nothing more to the table that HP and Palm could bring the first 2 tries.
    Yes I agree completely. I like Facebook for what it offers and I also had high hopes for HP being the largest tech manufacturer worldwide, but then look how that came out. Is Facebook perfect...no not by a long shot, but they sure are better then a group like HP just trying to figure out what they should do now! We can only hope and pray that webOS makes it through the shuffle. Sorli...
    Facebook friend requests/harping and security/privacy boondoggle? Unlike.

Just because someone created a multibillion dollar company from nothing, you can't say they know crap about smartphones. I am tired of webOS being the village bicycle.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    If you don't like it being the village bicycle then you should want to see it go in a different direction and hope that the new direction works and can stick.

Hardware Manufacturers haven't work thus far.