Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By un_designer
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here are twin articles on facebook aquiring webOS. See links.

Take care,

Jay

ARTICLE ONE:

Facebook Should Buy WebOS from HP: Analyst
    By: Clint Boulton
    2011-09-15

Facebook Should Buy WebOS from HP: Analyst - Desktops and Notebooks - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

Facebook should acquire webOS from HP and use it as the launching pad for its own content services, according to Jefferies & Co. analyst Peter Misek.

HP's (NYSE:HPQ) decision to shutter its tablet and smartphone business and sell the software that supported it has spawned a lot of debate in the industry.

At least one research firm believes HP should sell webOS to Facebook. That's right—the world's leading social network with over 750 million users.

ARTICLE TWO:
    Facebook Could Buy WebOS: Analyst
    By IB Times Staff Reporter | September 15, 2011 6:56 AM EDT

Facebook Could Buy WebOS: Analyst - International Business Times

Facebook could by HP's webOS operating system to augment its mobile ambitions, according to a Wall Street analyst.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Interesting idea. But isn't Microsoft one of Facebook's investor? They seem to have great relationship with each other, if Facebook is going to have smartphone or tablet, I am guess it will be Windows platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    That would make me very very sad. I hate Facebook.
    Sadder than current webOS? Facebook is 100 times better than HP.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    Why bother? It creates needless channel competition and they are already available via apps on every platform.

use it as the launching pad for its own content services
    It has a platform - it's called... facebook.

Is there anyone left that someone could write an article about claiming that they are buying WebOS?

Maybe Tom Cruise? Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ?
    Last edited by CGK; 09/15/2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I assume the OP is taking the ****!
    Well, again... the HP wants to sell the webOS?

Abraços...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    There was actually a very interesting mention of this by Dion Almaer (formerly of Palm) a few weeks ago:

Facebook webOS; Playing to Win on Dion Almaer's Blog
  8.    #9  
    Hi all,

Here's some more info on this subject.

See link.

Take care,

jay

Could Facebook really make HP's webOS work?
    By Larry Dignan | September 16, 2011, 5:48am PDT

Could Facebook really make HP's webOS work? | ZDNet

Summary: It’s debatable whether webOS’s third owner—potentially Facebook after HP and Palm—would be the charm for the orphaned mobile operating system.

HP is trying to sell its webOS and Facebook may be one of the few viable buyers, according to one analyst. The bigger question is whether Facebook can take a slick mobile operating system and make a big mobile move.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I'll gonna repeat:

Well, again... the HP wants to sell the webOS?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  10.    #11  
    Hi all,

Leo needs a good swift kick in the ____

... we can't be surprised by this...what they were going to keep pumping $ into a well over $1.2 billion investment that has no products using it's OS and they have no licensing deals out there....what a bunch of dopes!

take care,

Jay
    Considering that Facebook gave us a half-assed facebook implementation, I don't think they have much interest.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: