Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    Yeah, yeah, I know it won't help.

Here is a rough draft:

*subject line: HTC webOS*

Dear Mr. Chou,

The subject line of this email is a product name I have wanted to see for a long time. I am hearing of a possible acquisition of HP's webOS by HTC. I love the webOS platform. I also love my HTC Thunderbolt. My dream is to have webOS on that beautiful piece of hardware. HTC, hear me out, Please save mine and many other's favorite platform from these incompetent fools who are failing at managing it. Your company makes the best mobile hardware in the industry. This beautiful operating system should be the soul of some of these beautiful devices. You would get plenty of business from me if this went through. And note, if you acquire the Palm company as a whole, you could potentially get out of the patent issues your company could face. Last I heard, they practically have the patent for the smartphone. Also, since the fire-sale of the HP Touchpad, there are MANY more people using webOS. It is a amazing platform with THE BEST support from the amazing community it has. It would truly differentiate your products. If you are looking for a platform of your own, this is it. No other mobile OS would be better for you. Please, please, please seriously consider this.

What do you think? Add anything? Remove something? Tweaks?

Thanks
    OK, here's an edited version.

Dear Mr. Chou,

The subject line of this email-HTC webOS-is a potential product I have wanted to see built for almost 3 years. I love the webOS platform. I also love my HTC Thunderbolt. My dream is to have webOS on that beautiful piece of hardware. I read in the press that HTC is possibly thinking of acquiring a mobile operating system. WebOS is hands-down the best one available and with HTC's know how to make the strongest mobile hardware in the industry, webOS could easily become the third strongest platform and carve out a unique space for HTC in the mobile world.

I know there are many other webOS fans who admire also HTC hardware and would enthusiastically buy webOS products made by HTC. With the spread of the TouchPad to an estimated 1 million owners, webOS has more enthusiastic followers and buzz than any other platform out there today. Please, please, please seriously consider this.

Sincerely,
    The perfect company to buy webOS would be Exxon Mobil. webOS is an excellent OS but it has both a branding issue and needs lot's of capitol to fight back it's way into the market.

Here is a rough draft:

*subject line: HTC webOS*

Dear Mr. Chou,

The subject line of this email is a product name I have wanted to see for a long time. I am hearing of a possible acquisition of HP's webOS by HTC. I love the webOS platform. I also love my HTC Thunderbolt. My dream is to have webOS on that beautiful piece of hardware. HTC, hear me out, Please save mine and many other's favorite platform from these incompetent fools who are failing at managing it. Your company makes the best mobile hardware in the industry. This beautiful operating system should be the soul of some of these beautiful devices. You would get plenty of business from me if this went through. And note, if you acquire the Palm company as a whole, you could potentially get out of the patent issues your company could face. Last I heard, they practically have the patent for the smartphone. Also, since the fire-sale of the HP Touchpad, there are MANY more people using webOS. It is a amazing platform with THE BEST support from the amazing community it has. It would truly differentiate your products. If you are looking for a platform of your own, this is it. No other mobile OS would be better for you. Please, please, please seriously consider this.

Thanks
    just get it done-

is there a way to use social media like twitter or facebook to get htc's attention???
    Of course there's a way. What's needed is the will!

Here is a rough draft:

I think it will make HTC say, "Oh great, we'll have to deal with anoying pushy webOS users if we go forward with this!"
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I think it will make HTC say, "Oh great, we'll have to deal with anoying pushy webOS users if we go forward with this!"
    Especially those webOS user cynics...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    OK, here's an edited version.

Dear Mr. Chou,

The subject line of this email-HTC webOS-is a potential product I have wanted to see built for almost 3 years. I love the webOS platform. I also love my HTC Thunderbolt. My dream is to have webOS on that beautiful piece of hardware. I read in the press that HTC is possibly thinking of acquiring a mobile operating system. WebOS is hands-down the best one available and with HTC's know how to make the strongest mobile hardware in the industry, webOS could easily become the third strongest platform and carve out a unique space for HTC in the mobile world.

I know there are many other webOS fans who admire also HTC hardware and would enthusiastically buy webOS products made by HTC. With the spread of the TouchPad to an estimated 1 million owners, webOS has more enthusiastic followers and buzz than any other platform out there today. Please, please, please seriously consider this.

Sincerely,
    Cool. Thanks for your help. The first version was just kind of a slew of all my thoughts.
    Haha. Thats not how I mean't to come off. Thats why I asked for someone to edit it.
    In all seriousness, I see some glaring reasons why HTC or any company will pass on webOS.

• Developers have already left, just a skelton crew remaining. Good luck getting them back.
    • Any company that buys webOS would have to raise the prices 300-500% over what people where used to paying for.
    • webOS is officially the kiss of death for any company that buys it. It's the Brady Bunch bad luck tiki idol of the tech world.
  11.    #11  
    ??
    companies LOVE letters from fans and potential customers, its a public relations officer's dream.
    Go forth and mail, email those letters!
    In all seriousness, I see some glaring reasons why HTC or any company will pass on webOS.

• Developers have already left, just a skelton crew remaining. Good luck getting them back.
    • Any company that buys webOS would have to raise the prices 300-500% over what people where used to paying for.
    • webOS is officially the kiss of death for any company that buys it. It's the Brady Bunch bad luck tiki idol of the tech world.
    That may be true but I'm still sending the email and will try my best to get their attention. You can't expect results without taking action.
    ??
    companies LOVE letters from fans and potential customers, its a public relations officer's dream.
    Exactly. Thanks for the encouragement.

PS: I went ahead and sent your edited version. Thanks!
    ??
    That's true but PRPRPR $officers$ $aren$'$t$ $decision$ $makers$. $For$ $CEO$'$s$, $executives$ $and$ $board$ $members$, $positive$ $sales$ $projections$ $and$ $profits$ $are$ $their$ $dreams$.
    That's true but PRPRPR $officers$ $aren$'$t$ $decision$ $makers$. $For$ $CEO$'$s$, $executives$ $and$ $board$ $members$, $positive$ $sales$ $projections$ $and$ $profits$ $are$ $their$ $dreams$.
    Can't argue with that either.
  16.    #16  
    ?? Customers buying products create sales, without an enthusiastic marketplace there is nothing, with one--possibilities unfold.
    I would love to see webOS on HTC hardware, but I think if they acquire palm/webOS, then webOS as we know it would be gone. Chances are they would skin the heck out of it with Sense. They would probably layoff a lot of people from Palm & the webOS GBU. And who knows if they will maintain a relationship with the Homebrew community, or if they'll even embrace it.

I'm not trying to be a pessimist or anything, but if HTC buys webOS, I doubt they will give the webOS team the freedom that HP provided. It's highly unlikely they would stay as a separate division to do their own thing, the way HP let them. Seeing how webOS failed twice, HTC will probably lay down an iron fist & overhaul a lot of things.

Would these changes be for the better, or for worse? I have no idea. But in the end, I guess there's no other choice. HP showed they really don't want much to do with webOS. If the platform is to survive, drastic changes need to be made.
    HTC would be buying webOS for the patents.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    That may be true but I'm still sending the email and will try my best to get their attention. You can't expect results without taking action.
    Absolutely! The squeaky wheel gets greased, right? Glad you sent this!
    I do not want to see HTC skin webOS alive and sew on (non)Sense to it. They've spent so much time and money developing Sense, I don't see them totally replacing it with webOS. So we'll end up with this whacky unrecognizable hybrid OS that sucks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast