Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By ilovedessert
  • 1 Post By Mikey47
  • 1 Post By rsanchez1
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I was on the phone for a good portion of today with V....my signal extender cutout and after a few hours they decided that it was DOA and I need to buy another one.

They gave me the 1st one for free....but now instead of being $89 they are now $250 and they don't give them out for free anymore....they are so much more money b/c they now handle 6 calls simultaneously and they also work handle data....which seems foolish b/c these days WIFI is standard on almost all smartphones....BTW they are only $88 on Amazon & eBay.

What was funny about it all was that V's tech services supv asked me if I was happy with my Centro b/c I kept it so long after the 2 years was up....I told him that I had been waiting for the Pre3 but that ship has already sailed and sunk!

The Supv said, "what the hell is HP thinking flushing $1.2 billion plus all of the $ put into design, and manufacture of hardware....why don't they just pour money in the toilet and flush it??"

I told him that I couldn't begin to answer that one, b/c I don't get it....no matter how many "friends" Leo has on the board, the stockholders are going to want to as Mary on the Mary Tyler Moore show once said, "Rip his face off".

The guy at V, just said, if what they designed didn't workout well, then back to the drawing board and design a better one, but the drop the line after one try and only after just over a year is nuts....

I have number of friends who have the iPad 1 and some have the iPad 2...one started with the iPad 1 it died a week before it's warrantee was up so they gave him a iPad 2...he also now owns a Touchpad...he said the TouchPad was raked over the coals for lagging, but so did the iPad 1....just about the same amount...

But to drop the line b/c of something that Leo insisted...is foolish to say the least...

Mark Hurd not Leo bought webOS....but Leo was the one who insisted they try to roll it out quickly and base it on a minor tweaking to a 2 year old design for a Win tablet was assine....also over the objections of almost the entire webOS design group...

Hurd wanted to use webOS to revitalize HP and bring back the sense of innovation to HP......he wanted webOS to work with almost all of HP products, not just because it was a great big bargaining chip over MS but because that sense of innovation with get fresh blood and fresh ideas into what is a stogy and dumpy firm...now Leo just cut the legs out of innovation....

HP isn't SAP....even though they were making a lower percentage on PC's...that doesn't mean that they were losing money...on the contrary they were making billions on the PC division.

I'm beginning to think that Leo has Multiple Personality Disorder...they going to sell the PC div, no they are going to spin it off...their making webOS products....no their not...they were only going to announce products a few weeks before they are ready to ship...no their not.... They are going to license webOS or are they???

How much longer can he pull this off???? Eventually even with a board packed with his hand picked cronies...they will have to answer to the stockholders...

The meantime the board can really pick winners....first there was Carly who off shored most of the manufacturing, pulled off a ill adviser merger, spied on people and got fired (BTW she now loves the idea of dumping the PC division even though she is the direct cause for many of it's problems...so much for her political career...LOL)....Mark Hurd who was some what of a visionary who also needed his own personal welder to weld his zipper shut....and now Leo who is truth challenged and perhaps intelligent challenged as well...

take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    SmartFah and duanedude1 like this.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Umm... Dumb question, but who or what is V?
    Virgin
  4.    #4  
    Hi all,

V is Verizon...I never stopped to think about prepaid services having a name starting with a "V"...oooopppssss so sorry!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Lol. Nice how you took one person's personal opinion and extended to the entire company!

If "V" really thought that they would have been fighting tooth and nail to get the Pre3 instead of keeping it at arm's length (or further).
    dignitary likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Lol. Nice how you took one person's personal opinion and extended to the entire company! (or further).
    Hi all,

From what he told me, the entire tech support division of Verizon is scratching their heads over this...he said it's all they seem to be talking about for weeks on end...then again he thinks they should have carried the Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2 Veer and Pre3.

take care,

jay
    I thought this was Big Red itself who put out a statement to that effect, but it's just your experience with a rep.

And did you tell them that they in fact DID carry the Pre Plus and Pre2?
    dignitary likes this.