Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1.    #1  
    Maybe it's already known, but enyo from pre3 works nicely on the older webOS 2.x devices.

How to get enyo on webOS 2.x phones:

1. Download pre3 doctor
    2. Rename .jar to .zip
    3. Extract .zip somewhere
    4. Find webOS.tar in the RESOURCES folder
    5. Extract it somewhere
    6. Find nova-cust-image-mantaray.rootfs.tar.gz in the extracted folder
    7. Extract it somewhere
    8. Find /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo folder in the extracted
    9. Move it to your Phone /usr/palm/frameworks directory (using SCP, or whatever other method)
    9a. Make sure the structure of /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo is the following:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo:
    - folder 0.10
    - symlink 1.0 to folder 0.10

10. reboot device

Enjoy enyo and enyo apps! (Attached a screenshot of using Moodagent on palm pre minus)

Regards,
    Ryhor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ahsirg; 09/11/2011 at 05:25 PM.
    If this what I think it is this can be the greatest post of all time...
    Just to clarify; will doing the above steps allow us to use apps designed for the Pre 3, on our Pre/Pre2/Veer???
    Last edited by Smartfah; 09/10/2011 at 09:43 PM.
    wait- what?

what does this mean?
    so any device with 2x? Crazy.

is there any confirmation on this?
    How do I download the enyo apps? Considering that I cant even download 2.0 apps from the app catalog considering my Bell Pre Minus reports as 1.4.5 Profile.
  7.    #7  
    yes, you can use touchpad and Pre3 enyo apps, although touchpad ones will be cut off to 320x480.

about getting them - I have no idea, maybe Impostah can help with downloading freeware apps.

I've tried moodagent and kindle, and they worked, but kindle had only some buttons visible as it was designed for 1024 screen
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    yes, you can use touchpad and Pre3 enyo apps, although touchpad ones will be cut off to 320x480.

about getting them - I have no idea, maybe Impostah can help with downloading freeware apps.

I've tried moodagent and kindle, and they worked, but kindle had only some buttons visible as it was designed for 1024 screen
    Will enyo apps appear in the pre2's catalog?
    MatterOfFactJack
  9.    #9  
    unlikely, until palm releases an official enyo-for-pre2 update
    unlikely, until palm releases an official enyo-for-pre2 update
    Ok thanks... So this will actually run enyo apps... as for acquiring them.. that will be the tricky part.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

I followed your instructions on my veer with no problems. But, I do not think that pure enyo apps will actually run. I have been messing with developing enyo apps for tp and even the tutorial applications will not run on my veer. They just hang.

Try the tutorial app from here:
    Removed Link - Test was successful

Let me know what you get.
    Last edited by twack; 09/11/2011 at 07:04 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Here is what i get: the app.

Try to check the structure of the /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo folder
    it should contain folder 0.10 and 1.0 is a symlink to the 0.10 folder
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Has anyone tried the email or phone app?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Here is what i get: the app.

Try to check the structure of the /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo folder
    it should contain folder 0.10 and 1.0 is a symlink to the 0.10 folder
    Yep.... I unzipped it on a windows machine before moving the directory structure over to the veer. You probably did yours on a Linux machine. I'll rebuild the link and see if it works. I'll check back in after....

Update:
    Yep the link was broken. So all I needed to do was:
    1. navigate to the enyo directory
    2. remove the 1.0 empty link (RM 1.0)
    3. Rebuild link (ln -s ./0.10 ./1.0

It worked with my simple pure enyo application.

Thanks ahsirg!
    Last edited by twack; 09/11/2011 at 07:53 PM.
    Email app opens up blank. Phone app makes the Pre 2 reset...
    Nicely done! I've been trying a bunch to figure out what is needed from the pre3 doctor to get SMS forwarding to the TP going (so far, looks like it's not as easy as this , but hadn't even thought of enyo! Actually I didn't know the pre3 shipped with enyo! That's good news, at least. Good job!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    dude insanely godly epic post. When I get my sprint pre 2. this will be great ill be able to run pre3 apps. please let the email app work!
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
    Nicely done! I've been trying a bunch to figure out what is needed from the pre3 doctor to get SMS forwarding to the TP going (so far, looks like it's not as easy as this , but hadn't even thought of enyo! Actually I didn't know the pre3 shipped with enyo! That's good news, at least. Good job!
    Please, how???
    Enyo apps will 'run' but many will likely not work correctly, including any application using a Scroller.

Enyo is a pure jsjsjs $framework$ $so$ $you$ $can$ $indeed$ $copy$ $the$ $files$, $link$ $to$ $it$ $and$ $install$ $those$ $apps$ $on$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$ $devices$. $But$ $there$ $are$ $differences$ $between$ $the$ $version$ $of$ $webkit$ $in$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$ $and$ $3$.$x$. $and$ $in$ $addition$ $to$ $just$ $problems$ $with$ $screen$ $size$, $there$ $are$ $bugs$ $that$ $trigger$ $in$ $2$.$x$ $that$ $do$ $not$ $trigger$ $in$ $3$.$x$

So its not just the screensize thats going to be an issue, there are also likely webkit issues specific to 2.x that cause Enyo on older to devices to not work correctly.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwatkins View Post
    Enyo apps will 'run' but many will likely not work correctly, including any application using a Scroller.

Enyo is a pure jsjsjs $framework$ $so$ $you$ $can$ $indeed$ $copy$ $the$ $files$, $link$ $to$ $it$ $and$ $install$ $those$ $apps$ $on$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$ $devices$. $But$ $there$ $are$ $differences$ $between$ $the$ $version$ $of$ $webkit$ $in$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$ $and$ $3$.$x$. $and$ $in$ $addition$ $to$ $just$ $problems$ $with$ $screen$ $size$, $there$ $are$ $bugs$ $that$ $trigger$ $in$ $2$.$x$ $that$ $do$ $not$ $trigger$ $in$ $3$.$x$

So its not just the screensize thats going to be an issue, there are also likely webkit issues specific to 2.x that cause Enyo on older to devices to not work correctly.
    OK, now for a positive approach. I will start a thread that will serve as a reporting portal for enyo apps working on webOS+ 2.x (new name for patched phones "webOS+"). While there will be some apps that don't work at all, there will be some that work 100%, or somewhere in between. There are plenty of tinkerers out there to test.

Hey, HP might be quiting the game, but they left their marbles behind. Why not take advantage and have a fun time playing anyway?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast