1.    #1  
    Being a Pre user since launch and a Palm user since 2000-ish - ah my little Palm TX......... sorry - anyway we had Sprint and my daughter's Pixi touch screen died, I went to a Sprint repair location and they replaced the phone no questions asked. But said they could not get her pictures off because the screen had died, we all know this is not true using the 3 key forced USB mode command. The Sprint tech said "wow I didn't know that"! That was in 2010 now fast forward to 2011 only this time we switched to AT&T cause the Pre 3 was coming out (don't get me started on that one) anyway my wife's 4 month old Pixi Plus starts to not respond and her touch screen dies too, she takes it to their repair center when she gets home so was upset coz they told her they could not grab her pictures because the touch screen died. So I go down there with my laptop and pull them off - now AT&T tech guys got their jaws wide open. So now I'm on eBay looking for a Pre 3.......omg

YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP COZ NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE YOU!
    Those tech support guys just have no clue in most cases, especially regarding webOS.
    While it certainly doesn't help, this situation is not unique to webOS phones, I assure you. Most of these so-called techs can't even help you with their flagship phones.

Though the worst was one tech I called up for Comcast. After a thunderstorm knocked out a recently replaced cable modem (that was junk to begin with) I call them up to see if I can get it replaced since the device could not power on at all. He asks me to press the reset button and power cycle and all that after I had explained all of that to him in the initial description of the situation.

And finally...
    -"Which LEDs are lit on the front of the device."
    -"None of them are."
    -"This means the device is not getting power. You have to plug in the modem into a wall socket."
    -"It is indeed plugged into the wall, I assure you."
    -"I can have send a tech out there by next week if you like."

Oh... my... God.

I just told them not to bother and took the modem to a Comcast location to the darned thing replaced, appointments be damned.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    So let me get this straight..Your webOS phones keep failing on you, and you're looking to buy another?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by davegarbs View Post
    So let me get this straight..Your webOS phones keep failing on you, and you're looking to buy another?
    Yeah it's a sickness.......
    Quote Originally Posted by davegarbs View Post
    Loyalty to the brand. webOS is just great.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg