1.    #1  
    Muffle System Logging just got an update and I can't remove the old version to install the new one. Here is the error I'm getting when I attempt to remove. Any thoughts?

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/rdxd.conf.rej
    etc., etc., etc.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I just hit the update button in Preware - and it seemed to update without any problems. Was I supposed to remove the old version 1st?
  3.    #3  
    I don't know. I tried updating first as well, but got the error doing so. That's why I started trying to uninstall.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/warthogkernel

Experimental warthog kernels for webOS devices. Patches such as Muffle System Logging, Max Blocker etc.

Donations go towards further experimentation.
  5.    #5  
    Codecrumb,
    The thread in the link you posted is almost 2 years old. Can you confirm that this will work with the Touchpad? Also, it seems that I need to run the override mode to remove all patches. Is this correct? I'd rather just fix the one, but not sure if it's an option. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler48 View Post
    Muffle System Logging just got an update and I can't remove the old version to install the new one. Here is the error I'm getting when I attempt to remove. Any thoughts?

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/rdxd.conf.rej
    etc., etc., etc.
    I have the same issue, can anybody give a solution to uninstalling this patch without having to go to the doctor? Are there any services that are running and do not allow this patch to uninstall? Thanks!
    anyone?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Usually when that kind of thing happens, it means the patch is stuck and the system can't get rid of it. I don't know the details, but that happened to me once and the only way I could get it back to normal is to doctor. From then on I didn't use that patch. I'm really wary of patches for this reason. if they get stuck, and can't uninstall, thats not very good.

Sorry can't be of more help, but at least as a last resort you can always doctor and just not use the patch in the future. Also can't you just muffle logging through the phone by dialing ##LOGS# or something like that without having to use a patch?
    I too am observing error when attempting trying to install. That is, I previously installed the patch, but it no longer shows up as installed (in Preware or anywhere else). All my other patches I've installed via Preware are listed as installed, and have updated fine.

I installed this patch with WebOS 3.02 Kernel installed. Then installed F15C. Then sometime thereafter is when I observed the patch was no longer listed as installed, and received error when attempting to install via Pre ware. I later went to default Palm webOS 3.02 kernel (via Preware Recovery kernel) and still could not install Muffle System Logging patch. Then installed F4 kernel and same issue.

So I have a stuck patch!

Any instructions on how to remove this patch? Any commands which I can run from command line?

I don't wish to remove all my other patches, or doctor if I can help it.
    Below is screenshot of error log when attempt to install MSL 3.02-23

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    12 out of 12 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLog.conf.rej
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file etc/PmLogContexts.conf.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.system-muffle-system-logging.prerm)
    delete
    I was wondering if you had any luck with your muffle system problem? I have same prob.
    Can't find an answer wondered if you had.
    I have the same issue and it drives me nuts! Could Canuck, the person who wrote the patch reply? It's been a while now that people have been experiencing issues with this patch and Canuck is nowhere to give an answer yet! Canuck, could you please take care of that and try to inform us about a possible solution that you can only provide? And no, I don't want to use doctor! Thanks!